“Everyone on here has no clue what they are talking about.”

Fernando's Hideaway
Ranked #5,739 of 8,722 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Mexican
Neighborhood: Downtown
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I've been coming here for over 4 years now and the food is as good as it was on my first visit. The service is friendly and excellent, I love their Nachos and the Mexican flag. Anyone I bring here loves the Margarettas and sangria but I'm a beer guy. So for those of u who actually listen to reviews and other peoples opinions I say "Go try it for yourself" I personally recommend it.

There are newer reviews for Fernando's Hideaway

Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

Top signs this is a place to stay away from: 1. You walk in and there are only 2 customers there. 2. The service is excruciatingly slow where you have to ask to be served, for a dessert menu, and your bill. When your food comes, the server doesn't even bother to check to see how you enjoy the food. 3. The server deters you from ordering anything off the dessert menu. If they wouldn't recommend it, why would I eat it? 4. The portions size is not worth the price. 5. The atmosphere is dingy. 6. Only 1 other couple came in in a 90 min time frame. 6. The server spilled a drink order on our clothing. If all this still doesn't deter you, experience it for yourself.

1  Thank adidas0203
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Should have known better when we were the only ones dining in the whole restaurant. Still confused as to why they were playing retro 80s tunes.. Spanish music would have been better to enhance the atmosphere and experience. Portions were great, wish I could say the same about the food. Enchiladas sauce was gross and rice was almost burnt and hard. Will never go back again.

Reviewed January 7, 2012

Hernando's used to be good 10 years ago. Big platters of tasty tex -mex, back in the day. Now it is just sad. Everything is reight out of the microwave, bland, boring. This place needs to give up.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

This restaurant has been in business for over 30 years. The basement location is such that I have walked by it for many years and never ventured in. The hotel in which I stayed recommended it and so I had an evening meal there. The atmosphere was OK, the meal was OK, the service was OK. Just OK. Here are some suggestions for this restaurant: First, make sure the front entrance is unencumbered. I had to wiggle past a sign in order to get in the front door. Second, please have the customary complimentary chips and salsa on the table. I had to order and pay for these. Third, install a genuine margarita machine. My "frozen margarita" was mixed in a blender and added to ice in a plastic glass. I was unimpressed by the presentation and texture of the drink, although it was potent enough to keep me happy for the evening. All in all this is an OK place to go if you are hungry for Mexican food in downtown Toronto.