“Great Food, Great Ambience, Exceptional Service, Good Facility”
Review of Grappa Ristorante

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: The Queensway
Reviewed April 14, 2019

I went to Grappa restaurant for a friends' bachelorette party on a Saturday night (7pm) and there was plenty of street parking.

From the moment that we arrived in the restaurant, we noticed the elegant Italian decor and of course the warm authentic Italian greetings. There were at least 20 ladies to accommodate our needs and the facility accommodated us very comfortably in our own area by the window.

Robert and 2 additional servers was resourceful and funny. I ordered the Calamari alla Griglia (perfectly grilled calamari and arugula salad tossed with well-balanced citrus vinaigrette) for the appetizer, the Chilean Sea-bass (well seasoned Parmesan crusted served with squash risotto, asparagus and red heirloom carrots with lemon caper aioli) for the entree, and finally blueberry cheesecake (not too sweet) for the dessert. These 3 combination was delicious!

Grappa is the place to be for a special occasion and we had so much fun!

I highly recommend.

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed March 20, 2019

The moment you walk in the service begins. You know you are being cared for the staff is there to please. The service I can not say enough of outstanding as well as the food. We always go to Grappa to celebrate our special occasions and have never been let down. The Lamb dishes are always a favourite.

Reviewed March 13, 2019 via mobile

From the moment we walked in, the experience was amazing. We met our friends for dinner at Grappa. They go to Grappa frequently. It was our first time. There is a fabulous prix fixe menu that offers many delicious options. I had a grilled calamari appetizer, with the espresso rubbed short ribs (done to perfection with delicious veggies; hand cut fresh potatoes, zucchini, vegetable marrow, green beans) and creme brûlée with fruit. The wine list is extensive. The wait staff is attentive and very thoughtful. The bathrooms are very clean with a wheelchair accessible single one on the first floor. I’m not sure if the restaurant itself is wheelchair accessible. The entrance we used had one step.
We are going back!!

Reviewed March 11, 2019

We been there twice they will not get a third strike, they are out in two. Saturday night we had reservations for 2 at 7:15, we arrived at 7:05 and were seated right away. We got our antipasto in about 20 minutes and it was cold. Our server did not come by table once. About 45-50 minutes an other waiter stopped by and asked how our appetizer was, I said cold and terrible. He was very apologetic but the harm was already done and brought in mind last visit bad service. We received our main within 15 minutes but again the harm was already done. The new waiter brought us free desert but I refused it and told him that we would not be back as we have had previous bad experience.

Reviewed February 24, 2019 via mobile

My friends and I were at Grappa for a birthday. There was short wait even with a reservation but we sat at the little bar and had a glass of wine. We were welcomed warmly at the door with a lovely atmosphere and an orchestrated dance of servers and maître d providing top notch service to their customers.

We sat at the front table with the leather comfy chairs and enjoyed the prix fixe menu - $45 Grilled Octopus. Osso Bucco and Creme Brûlée. The wine was Il Viziato a Sangiovese blend, with currants, red plums. strawberries and vanilla aromas. Delicious and quite reasonable if bought by the bottle. In my opinion, they should have suggested the bottle instead of charging us $10 per glass.

The service was attentive and friendly and rarely do you see this level and it made the overall experience enjoyable.

The clientele is a mix of regulars and newcomers who were greeted or sent on their way with a handshake or a big hug. That made me smile. At times it felt like I was at a family dinner with everyone talking over each other and plates and cutlery clattering. Our meal was topped off by a complimentary digestif Amaro. Thank you!

Loved Grappa and will definitely return! Thank you for a fantastic evening

Date of visit: February 2019