“worth the wait”

Grappa Ristorante
Ranked #1,802 of 8,440 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Etobicoke
richmond hill ontario
“worth the wait”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

8 of us went to Grappa to celebrate our daughter in laws 30th birthday!
We ordered drinks! They came promptly.Our menu order took almost an hour.
Since we had alot of catching up to do it was worth the wait! The food was great!
We also welcomed our new son in law that recently waited 8 months to be allowed
to become a landed immigrant from Cuba!! A wonderful evening!

• Visited February 2012

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Choice For Pre-Wedding Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

When my son arranged to get married in Toronto, in December 2011, it was my task to arrange the pre-wedding dinner. As we all - including my Son & his Fiancee - live overseas, this was not an easy undertaking. I used the Internet and Trip Advisor to narrow the search to a few restaurants and began communicating with them. Nelson, at Grappa, was 'the best' at answering my many emails, queries and phone calls. He emailed a variety of possible menus, with the assurance that 'mixing and matching' was not a problem. He also agreed to make ours a private function and to arrange the tables so that there was room for 'mingling' before the meal. On the chosen evening, he and two other staff members were attentive, without being overpowering. The meal was excellent, great portions and all antipastas and mains received a 'thumbs-up' from our Guests. Nelson also consulted us before preparing special pasta meals for the three young children present. The dessert trays set on each table were varied and delicious and guests enjoyed being able to sample different flavours. We truly appreciate all that Nelson did to make this memorable, family occasion a wonderful event.My Husband and I were able to relax and truly enjoy the evening. I would recommend Grappa to all.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank WaryDubai
Toronto, Canada
“The top resto in Toronto”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2012

Atmosphere was Excellent. The waiters were very nice and handsome. Food was delicious. The owner Nelson is the best.

• Visited December 2011
Switzerland
“Classical Italy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2011

Traditional italian recipes and a warm atmosphere, very family celebration type of place.

Oakville, Canada
“Good but not Spectacular”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2011

I went to Grappa last weekend with my husband and a friend and her husband. They were visiting from out of town and they chose Grappa. My husband has been several times for work functions and expressed how great the good was. The service was great, and the ambience was better than I expected from the photos online. It is a bit dated with old pub style chairs but the rest of the evening and the company made up for that! We all ordered appetizers. I orderd the Beef Cappacio and it was delicious and my husband ordered the caprese salad. Both were good. I was trying to order something clean on the menu as I had been on a cleanse and could not eat wheat (allergy) and was trying to eat avoid Dairy and sugars, I ordered the Gamberoni e Risotto Milanese Grilled tiger shrimp, saffron risotto, asparagus as I had to avoid pasta and a few of the Secondi dishes had cream sauces so I figurd Rice or Risotto was going to be the best option (which I love) and make a mean risotto or two myself. I expected to get a bowl or plate of risotto with shrimp and asparagus but I got a plate with veg including bokchoy, asparagus and some grilled shrimp and a small scoop of risotto. It was good but I was disappointed with the Risotto I thought I was ordering. I splurged and had dessert. Tiramisu is my fav Italian Dessert and it was fab! I would probably not go back unless joining others. So many restaurants to try, but this one would not be my first choice.

• Visited November 2011