“Ginger's food is simply delicious....”
Review of Ginger Restaurant

Ginger Restaurant
Ranked #2,126 of 8,574 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Neighborhood: Downtown
Neighborhood: Downtown
Scarborough, Ontario
“Ginger's food is simply delicious....”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I have been going here for about years now, it's been so long that I can't remember, all I know is the food keep me coming back.

Now I don't get to eat here almost everyday, but I still go grab something from Ginger whenever I am downtown, will be going to get some food from there tomorrow.

I love their chicken sandwiches, simply yummy, everything I have tried from Ginger over the years I have no complaints about, it always taste delicious.

On top of being delicious, it's very affordable, and they give you so much food too.

• Visited March 2013

• Korean first
Asia
“GREAT VALUE, FAST SERVICE, AUTHENTIC AND DELICIOUS!!!”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I lived in Asia for many years, this place is fantastic with great value!!!! Super cheap, you get TONS of food, and it's good food!! Need I say more?

• Visited April 2013
Toronto, Canada
“More than what you pay for...”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Been to Hanoi? I have. "Same-same" as they say in the old market north of Hoan Kiem, only the chairs are better here. You still get the odd belch of diesel too, being on the Yonge St sidewalk.

GINGER is quick, reliable, and - what you really need to know - it's authentic, and that's worth the line-up. But - as some reviewers have noted - you do take chances with consistency. Now I've never EVER had a bad experience in many, many dozens of visits, but I've seen some patrons return the odd dish. Uncertain, but it may be that extra 20 seconds that the chicken needed on the grill? Same at any of the restaurants on Hang Bac though. Maybe the Bun Cha pork needs a little longer for western tastes?

For your first time, have a large pho, but chicken or beef, not the 'seafood' version. The seafood job is good, don't get me wrong, but the mix is frozen I think (?). A lot of "chewy" going on there anyway.

Beer is on order (but it will double your bill).

The Spring Rolls make a good starter.

Come back next week and work your way through the menu - order by number please - and you'll find the right combination of noodles, proteins and sides to make your own.

Serve yourself on condiments, chilis, lemon/lime, cutlery, chilled water, and then try to find a table. Your food will find YOU so long as the plastic order number they give you when you pay is visible, face-up.

And do enjoy it, but eat up quick, will ya??!? Sure, there will be people giving you the stink eye for your seat after 15 mins, so don't linger. There's no ambience to speak of, so nothing to keep you there anyway. Come back after the lunch rush and grab a table for your self and your book if you want to while away the afternoon.

I still have a photocopied version of The Sorrow of War that I picked up in Da Nang back in 1996. It is too bad they do not sell Marlboros, and serve bitter HIghland coffee with baguettes... the real deal.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank JayCl
Monterey, California
“Vietnamese?”
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Just a 5 minute walk west of the Sheraton hotel. If you are looking for Vietnamese close to the Sheraton this your only choice. Although convenient I found the tofu/bok choy with black bean sauce barely cooked and the bok choy just cut in half without even the bottoms sliced off. I love Vietnamese food and this was one of the worst I've ever had. The food wasn't prepared very well and lacked flavour. The restaurant is extremely basic and not very friendly. The interior decor looks as if it was another restaurant.

Toronto, Canada
“Cheap sub sandwiches”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

A friend of mine took me here to have an easy and quick bite. We ordered the grilled pork sandwiches, $3.75 each. It was pretty big and really tasty. It is a good choice for a cheap snack. The restaurant/snack bar was full, and people kept coming in.
Maybe is not the most luxurious or fancy Vietnamese restaurant, but it's a good easy option for decent food.

• Visited March 2013