“Nice atmosphere, reasonable prices”
Review of Flo's Diner

Flo's Diner
Ranked #497 of 8,898 Restaurants in Toronto
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I ate brunch here on a busy Saturday morning, and I really enjoyed it. I like that it is on the second floor because you have a nice view of the neighborhood. Our service could have been better, as I ran out of water and wasn't offered a refill. I had the portobello and goat cheese omelette with an order of poutine, which were both very good.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We hit up Flo's as a last minute all day breakfast effort. We'd found the listing on Google maps. We got there 10mins before close and though they told us this, we weren't rushed at all. The service was efficient (maybe they wanted to go home!), but also very friendly. they thanked us genuinely on the way out.
I ordered the berry compote waffle and it was tasty! The waffles are light, much lighter than you usually get at most place. Had a airy texture, which made me feel less guilty about the selection. The maple berry topping was awesome, you could see real blueberries and raspberries. My boyfriend got a western omelette with potatoes and toast, all very tasty. He ordered spicy sausage on the side which was good too.
It IS pricier than you would expect for a diner...60$ for two of us on what we ordered. I felt satisfied though, with what I got, and plus it IS Yorkville in Toronto.
The coffee tasted good and their smoothies, while only 2 selections, were good as well.
The diner has a real old fashioned diner decor, kind of neat.
I can't comment on regular dinner menu, but the breakfast was simple fast and very good!

Reviewed November 10, 2012

This diner has a terrific selection of breakfast and brunch menu items. It can get quite busy and noisy but if you get there early enough you can avoid the crowds. The quality of the food is very good, the coffee is solid and there is always a delicious selection of freshly squeezed juices. Prices are reasonable for the portions. Service is efficient. In a neighbourhood where there is a dearth of breakfast restaurants, Flo's is a welcome locale.

1  Thank Lisa D
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We ate here in a group of 4 in the middle of September. The patio was nice and the service was average. The food was very good (in speaking with others).
I had a waffle which was average, the grilled cheese was apparently very good. One other guest had an omelette that was also well received. The portions seemed a bit small, so it might be a better choice if going for a light breakfast.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Needing a place to eat and not wanting to leave a small fortune we looked for a diner type establishment. We were glad we went to FLo's . Great coffee, a wonderful omelet and an attentive server made our visit worthwhile.