“a really nice experience”

Fionn MacCool's Irish Pub
Ranked #3,762 of 8,432 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub, Canadian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Get the proper pub experience. We balance Irish-inspired dishes and North American classics. We’ve perfected the pub staple, Fish & Chips, and make our pies and pastry in-Pub. Try our fresh burgers like the legendary Guinness® Burger, with your pint of Guinness® of course!
Maple, Canada
“a really nice experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

My wife and I had dinner here on a Friday night.

Great atmosphere. Really fun and casual.

Food was tasty and the server was excellent.

A definite return visit will be in order.

• Visited November 2013

Central NY
“It pains me to have to write this...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

...it pains me, but I must be honest. We've always enjoyed this particular Fionn MacCool's on our previous trips to Toronto. This trip, we decided to pop in for dessert after attending the Josh Groban concert at the Air Canada Center. When we entered, there was no hostessing, and we were directed to take any available seats. There was recorded music playing, not too loud. But shortly after finding an empty table that would accommodate our party of six, the live band began their second set, and that was the beginning of the end. Not only were they not particularly good, but they were so loud that any conversation was impossible. The prices on the limited menu were inflated - we spent over $70 for a bowl of poutine, four desserts, and pints.

I know, you'll say, "Don't go to a pub with live music if you don't want to hear the music." You might have a point. We'll know enough not to go there during live entertainment nights in future.

The waiter was very nice, though!

• Visited October 2013
Port Perry, Ontario, Canada
“Slow start.......good finish”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Did u here the one about the guy in a leafs jersey and the 10 servers who ignored him when he needed pregame pints and a snack? It ends better than expected.......a very slow start but after that, some pints and hot food came in plenty of time to get to game. A very good recovery thanks to a responsive waiter and quick kitchen. Good beer selection and food was better than other local pubs.

• Visited October 2013
Ajax, Canada
“Training in customer service is needed at airport!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

I did take out at the restaurant at Pearson Airport and was somewhat disappointed and discouraged at the way I was treated. The stuff appeared ignorant confused and just lacking simple customer service skills.

North Vancouver
“YYZ location - AVOID!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

The location at YYZ is misleading: it's not busy because of the food quality; there's just not much else in Terminal 3. Almost $10 for a pint of Sleeman's IPA?? I also ordered a Guinness Burger with fries. The beef was excessively bland; even salt and pepper couldn't save it. Didn't even taste like beef. The bell peppers on top of the patty, as well as the entire bun, were equally oily. The fries must have gone through the fryer several times as they were spongy and excessively oily. Only ate a few bites of my meal and asked for the bill. It was THAT bad. I told waiter, "you were okay, and I'm not a fussy eater, but that was a waste of $30." To which he replied, "ha ha, well now you know", to which I replied, "so will TripAdvisor." He didn't offer to replace it, was completely indifferent. As I was (somehow) still hungry with no time to look elsewhere, had to buy sandwich on WestJet flight to Vancouver. LAME.

Visited September 2013