“YYZ location - AVOID!!”

Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Get the proper pub experience. We balance Irish-inspired dishes and North American classics. We’ve perfected the pub staple, Fish & Chips, and make our pies and pastry in-Pub. Try our fresh burgers like the legendary Guinness® Burger, with your pint of Guinness® of course!
North Vancouver
“YYZ location - AVOID!!”
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

The location at YYZ is misleading: it's not busy because of the food quality; there's just not much else in Terminal 3. Almost $10 for a pint of Sleeman's IPA?? I also ordered a Guinness Burger with fries. The beef was excessively bland; even salt and pepper couldn't save it. Didn't even taste like beef. The bell peppers on top of the patty, as well as the entire bun, were equally oily. The fries must have gone through the fryer several times as they were spongy and excessively oily. Only ate a few bites of my meal and asked for the bill. It was THAT bad. I told waiter, "you were okay, and I'm not a fussy eater, but that was a waste of $30." To which he replied, "ha ha, well now you know", to which I replied, "so will TripAdvisor." He didn't offer to replace it, was completely indifferent. As I was (somehow) still hungry with no time to look elsewhere, had to buy sandwich on WestJet flight to Vancouver. LAME.

Visited September 2013

County Waterford, Ireland
“Better than other Irish Bars on the same street”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Because it was on the same street as our hotel we went in. For a quick bite it was worth venturing into. Staff were friendly, and very attentive. Food was good and there were drink and meal specials which went down well with our group.

Visited July 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Good Food”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

The wife and I had a delayed flight so we decided to stop in at Fionn Maccool's for a bite to eat. The food was really good and our server Monique was awesome. Fast and very hard working.

• Visited August 2013
St. Catharines, Canada
“Great find!!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Delightful experience. Went for a pre dinner /theatre drink on the patio and returned for a nightcap ! Wonderful selection of beer. Innis and Gunn on tap!! Waitress was outstanding! Go, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited August 2013
“Great place on the Esplanade for lunch”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I stopped into Fionn MacCool's for a quick bite of lunch and a beer on a rather hot day in Toronto. All in all, it was a very good experience and I'd definitely recommend it. Since I was traveling by myself, I can't say if it is good for couples or larger groups but there are plenty here who can and will. Although there is outside seating, there is no good view. You pretty much stare at patrons at other restaurants along the road or look at the side of large concrete buildings across the road. If it had a harbour view, it would be perfect!

Cost/person: Pretty inexpensive considering it is in the financial district of Toronto! For a couple of drinks and lunch the cheque was about $30 including gratuity.

Duration: Since the place was about one-third full, there was no waiting for a table or service. That said, the staff didn't mind at all if I took my time enjoying the poutine and drinks while I escaped the heat!

Recommendations: It's well worth a visit.
- You'll get good solid hot food but nothing extraordinary

Goods:
- Great service
- Good beer selection
- Menu is pretty good but not great

Bads:
- Only the view!

When I go back to Toronto, I will definitely return.

• Visited July 2013