“Fantastic Food and Great Service at Reasonable Prices”

The Epicure Cafe & Grill David
Ranked #1,407 of 9,002 Restaurants in Toronto
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Queen Street and West Queen West
Reviewed November 21, 2012

This is my third visit in the last year! Usually a group of 6-8. We are always seated upstairs and usually have the room to ourselves. We try different appetizers (Eggplant Rollatini to die for) and entrees (Seafood a la Diavola superb). No one in our party has had a disappointing meal! Last visit I had the Lamb Osso Bucco. Cooked to perfection. The sides are good and the desserts and coffees are excellent. Good selection of wine. Service has always been great too! This place never seems to be really busy when we arrive (7pm) but when we leave (10pm) its hopping. I have recommended it to friends and family, all who agree.
Its actually called Epicure Cafe and Grill. They do have a summer patio but we have not enjoyed it yet!

Reviewed November 18, 2012

I've been going to the Epicure for years. The menu is extensive and everything is good. From burgers to pasta to pizza to steaks, etc. They have a variety of monthly specials and a prix fixe that is 3 courses, around $25. Also a private dining room upstairs and an upper patio at the back so you don't get all the noise from Queen West.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

While walking along Queen St. looking for a place to eat my husband and I came upon this quaint little cafe, we were hungry and tired and decided to just go in and get a quick bite. What we found was a little treasure of a restaurant. When looking at the menu we were very surprised at the wonderful choices as well as the prices! When our food came I actually closed my eyes and moaned with pleasure at the wonderful taste of the Pernod Seafood Linguine, my husband was equally pleased with his Sausage Rigatoni Arabiata. We ended our meal with their homemade Tiramisu and for me it was like having heaven melt in my mouth, by far the best I've tasted so far. We've been back a few times and have dubbed this restaurant 'our' special place, it is by far the best in our experience for food quality, pricing, service, and ambiance. I was very pleased by the professionalism of the wait staff and the general experience. I would recommend Epicure to anyone and have many times. Thank you Epicure for a wonderful experience every time we visit. Unfortunately we have moved to Brampton and don't get down to visit more often.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Good food and great service at the Epicure - menu specials monthly.
Nice atmosphere and large roof-top patio.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Went in Epicure after strolling up and down that part of Queen Street as menu was varied and offered us a couple of interesting choices. The service (like all of Canada so far) was excellent and the food was great as well. A really nicely constructed pasta dish that had loads of flavour without drowning the pasta in sauce. The pizza was the first while away and had a great base and quality topping, especially if you like Goats cheese. The waitress happily brought three beer tasters to work out which would be best.