“Had a GREAT time!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Had a GREAT time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

A bunch of my buddies decided to take me to Croc Rock for a few drinks before celebrating my last days as a bachelor and I have to say that I had a GREAT time! Yes, the dance floor was packed but the DJ was awesome (more 80s tunes!) and the service was amazing. My buddies and I then hung out upstairs and had a lot of fun. Great atmosphere, great place to hang out, nice price for drinks and a pretty awesome beginning of the night for us 30 somethings ;) Would easily go again and again.

• Visited November 2012

Canada
“Everything Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

My fiancee is originally from Toronto and, when younger, used to frequent Crocodile Rock with her friends; I decided to surprise her with a return visit for her birthday on February 17th. Everything was fantastic for our birthday party group of 10!

First, their website was super informative with lots of options and, while we did not go for it, the inclusion of birthday packages was a welcome sight.

Reserving was great; I left a message and the manager pleasantly called me back; most bars don't let you reserve tables without paying a premium, but Crocodile Rock had no problem doing so. In fact, when we arrived, they had put up balloons (without me even asking) and sectioned off an area right next to the dance floor for us.

The location is easy to find, quite spacious, well-lit, clean and nicely appointed. The staff was all wonderfully pleasant and helpful. It felt much like a Bar & Grill with a Dance Floor than a club by *any* means. The music was constant, of a wide variety and very danceable.

The service was excellent. Katelin, our server, tended to our needs all night long, and not once gave off any vibe of disinterest when I (the Designated Driver) repeatedly ordered water throughout the night. She made sure everyone's drinks were full, and that the birthday girl was well-taken care of.

Another nice touch: Their Sunday "Long Weekend" event (they're normally not open Sundays, but because of Family Day on Monday, they were open this particular Sunday), a large number of drinks were only $4 until 11pm. And even after 11, the price only goes up marginally.

We had an absolute blast and would definitely go back in the future!

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank Dan R
Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
“Great place for drinks and dancing!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

I went out for a night with a girlfriend, and had this place recommended to me. It was perfect! Great location, friendly and efficient service, great music, inexpensive drinks ($4 for our vodkas!) and just an all-around awesome atmosphere! I will definitely return!

Visited November 2012
3 Thank LadyAwesome
Lakewood, New Jersey
“Great Crowd, Great Music, Great Age Group but watch the Crowding on the dance floor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

The party begins at 9:30 pm or later. The weekend crowd is thirty something and above, so they accepted my 50 something-ish romantic babe and love of my life along with my own need to keep up with the action. The dance floor fills up, music is real dance music but there is a minor flaw. So I hope the owners are reading this review. Oh, by the way, the food is quite acceptable. Prices weren't too bad either. But back to the issue, security or the owners need to tell some of the "boys" walking the dance floor to leave their drinks on a table. Any table. One bottle actually flew and hit me. Open drinks on the dance floor are not cool. Otherwise, we did dance the night away and really did enjoy ourselves. The attendees are exceptionally friendly so bar fights are not a problem. How 'bout a sign like "Only feet on the floor, glasses neat on the table."

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Mobiousthunderduck
Binghamton
“Too early”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

I will blame this review on the fact that we were the only people in the bar so it must have been too early. The drinks were terrible. We brought in a group of 10 and the drinks were so watered down we left after the first one- even with no one else there.

Visited August 2012