“Delicious with friendly service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Corned Beef House

Corned Beef House
Ranked #215 of 8,440 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Toronto, Canada
“Delicious with friendly service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Went there at the end of the day and had a good experience. Smoked meat was good- corned beef was really good and well made. Had a poutine as well and it was classic, large and enough for two. The place was kinda empty when I went but I hear it's more busy during lunch hours. Service was friendly and engaging... Over all good food, well priced and friendly service. I'd definitely go back.

Ajax, Canada
“An excellent lunch stop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

We both had sandwich platters, and they were a really good size, especially for the price. We could easily have shared one. The food was excellent and the service was quick and friendly.

• Visited June 2014
Seattle, Washington
“High quality meat and bread ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

I stopped here during the very popular lunch hour in Toronto. Very fast paced but still felt comfortable taking my time eating. Ordered the soup and sandwich. Soup of the day was beef and vegetable and the same beef they use for the sandwiches was in the soup. Very tasty. Ordered a pastrami sandwich and sauerkraut automatically came with and a large half dill pickle. Slightly disappointed that the waitress forgot to ask me about mustard and I ended up with mayo. Still was a great sandwich with very tender meat and didn't feel super dense like some other pastrami sandwiches. Oddly, they have a bar but no fountain drinks.

Toronto
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Smoked Meat Too”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

A late morning walk near Toronto's downtown theater district took me past the Corned Beef House. Before noon, I saw deliveries being made,walked in and up a half flight of stairs. The Corned beef House was empty, but I could hear activity in the kitchen. I sat at the counter near the cash register and Take-Out order station and looked up at the chalk board menu. Sandwiches were described as Large ($7.99), Huge ($8.99) and Mammoth ($9.99). Are you open? I asked a young man who looked out from the kitchen. Sure, he smiled, the door's open he added, what can I get you? How about a Huge Smoked Meat Sandwich? For here or to go? Here. He gestured for me to sit anywhere. In about 15 minutes he was back with my Smoked Meat piled high on rye, half a pickle and a tall glass of ice water.. How was it? Best I've found in Toronto. I've tried them all. And the price was right.

• Visited April 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Game Changer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

This places is so far above the competition, any other meat sandwich around town rather sucks to the point I now rather hold off on ordering a corn beef/ smoked meat/ roast beef sandwich until I'm in there hood.

Don't get me wrong still up for trying a new meat sandwich but feel like in the downtown core including food trucks I've tried them all, so although it's a personal opinion it knows what else is out there.

One day i'm sure i'll try there turkey but usually when I think to go there it's for real meat! lol

The Game Changer is the grilled cheese option that to my knowledge is currently not on the menu. I'm a cheddar guy, if you're another type of cheese fan they have a selection. But to really turn this sandwich into a grand-slam they'll melt cheese on the inside of both pieces of bread placing the meat in-between.

With that option I go with light rye complimented with hot mustard and mayo.

Still waiting to pop by when they have "The Dead Texan" as a daily special, sounds great!!

• Visited November 2013