“Huge is an understatement!”
Review of Corned Beef House

Corned Beef House
Ranked #364 of 8,946 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Diner, Cafe
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

A true gem in downtown Toronto.
Great meats and smoked meats piled high on your choice of breads.
Poutine.....you have to try it just once.
Three sizes of sandwiches, but believe me the huge (the smallest size) is more than enough to satisfy your appetite.
It's a gotta go to in Toronto.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I'm a NY Jew so I know great corned beef. This is GREAT corned beef. And the Pastrami (smoked meat) is just as great. Huge size sandwiches and very reasonable prices. Great staff, good beer. A great place to hang. If I lived in Toronto I'd be here all the time.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Ended up here after attending a large convention. We were after the usual lunch hour rush, so that there was no waiting for a table. Service was corteous and prompt. Typical table seating or bench seating. Lovely location with large windows looking out over the sidewalk along Adelaide ave. The selection of sandwiches was extensive, and the range of actual SIZES of was amazing (do NOT order the Colossal size unless you are REALLY hungry).
The sandwiches were extremely generous with fresh bread or buns. Excellent french fries.
The most important thing was the great range of beers on tap, local, domestic, and imported.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Ate here for lunch with a coworker and I enjoyed my sandwich and coleslaw. I'd compare it to the meat sandwich I had in Montreal a month earlier. My coworker didn't like her sandwich or potato salad and they ended up not charging her for it. You don't find many places willing to do that. I'll definitely be back next time I'm in town.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Very friendly place. Wonderful unique downtown atmosphere. Great food. They do take-out. Great variety of music (blues)