“Average food”

Neighborhood: Downtown
Halifax, Canada
“Average food”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Good customer service, limited menu.
Pretty pricy for what you actually get. Walk a ways down the road towards the Eaton centre for more restaurants.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Jennifer M

Cork, Ireland
“A pleasure from start to finish with super staff.”
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

I had dinner here one evening during my holiday in Toronto.

The atmosphere was welcoming and relaxed. I was served by a most charming waitress whose name I cannot remember but her attention to detail was superb (and merited a 40% tip).
I had the French onion soup which came with a layer of melted cheese and some bread in the soup. This was delicious. Main course was the ribs with fries which were generous and perfectly cooked.

Would come here again if I visit Toronto in the future.

• Visited June 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Fine Dining in Dowtown Toronto”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Absolutely the best service I have ever experienced - and I have eaten in many restaurants during my career on the road. The staff is the best I have ever encountered and they make me feel at home and part of the Casey's family. I always look forward to my visits to Toronto and my dinners at Casey's.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank gwoodley
New York City, New York
“Very Hit or Miss”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is your average sports bar attached to a hotel in downtown Toronto with a few (not an overwhelming number of) TV screens showing sports & news.

On some nights, my experience was very positive with a lovely, friendly and personable hostess and a waiter who was really on his game in taking care of customers.

However, this was pretty much soured when I went on a rainy night whilst staying at the adjoining hotel. I asked if I could sit a table facing a TV screen so I could watch something while I waited for my food (I'm not a mobile phone addict, so I didn't have it with me.) No biggie.

I waited for about 10 minutes for my glass of water...then I waited another 10 minutes to have my order taken, which was a simple pasta dish. I waited another 10-15 minutes...nothing; and in that 10-15 minutes of waiting, other patrons arrived, had their orders taken and were already enjoying their meals....I walked out. I aked the hotel front desk for someplace to eat, and naturally they pointed to this Casey's B&G and I told them I wanted to eat sometime in the next half hour, not the next day (a bit of sarcasm, I admit it.)

I found a simple Thai restaurant around the corner that was satisfactory. I came back to my hotel room and what happens? I have a phone message telling me that my food was ready and could be delivered (that message came about 15-20 minutes after I had left Casey's.)

If you're hungry and want to eat in a reasonable amount of time, this place ain't it...if it's a nice day, walk the few blocks to the Dundas Square area where choices abound.

• Visited May 2013
Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad food, worse service”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Don't eat here. I ordered a simple turkey burger. After waiting over 45 mins, I was given a cold turkey "thing" hard as shoe leather, accompanied by soggy sweet potato fries. When I pointed out that I had asked for no onions, it went away for a bit longer. Of course, it was inedible. I had to chase down my server, because he was busy hanging out and chatting with the staff. (btw, thiere were only about 5 full tables, 4 servers and one bartender).

When I pointed this out to my server, he spend several minutes arguing with me about the fact that it was not cold, but that the reason the plate was hotter than the food is because they warm the plates. And the the turkey "thing" (not anything recognizable as a burger), was cold from the lettuce. When I pointed out that turkey needed to be warmed to safe levels, he reluctantly took it back and told me I would get a new one. No apology. I asked that it not take 45 mins again. No response.

I asked to see the manager. Turns out my server Shawn is the manager. Once I did this, he apparently transferred my service needs to the two women working there.

In about another twenty minutes I received a new turkey "thing", also dry, and sprinkled with garlic salt, which I had told Shawn I was allergic to. Still dry, but hot. Did not eat it. Ate my crunchy fries.

When I asked the hostess who checked in on me what had happened to Shawn, she told me got busy. A lie, as he was serving the table in front of me, and behind me.

So my conclusions:
Again, don't eat here.
At best, Shawn does not have the maturity to be a manager; at worst he has issues serving women. Either way, he should not be a manager.
Don't lie or be condescending.....really?

• Visited May 2013