“Fabulous restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Neighborhood: Little Italy
Neighborhood: Little Italy
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Consistently good food & friendly owners & staff.
Mussels delicious
Penne Rosea sauce with salmon awesome
Pizza perfect
Sangria the best!

There are newer reviews for Capitol Cafe & Restaurant

Reviewed May 27, 2013

An Italian restaurant that does not have Tortellini in their menu. A Russian waitress who does not know English very well and does not know Italian food. We had to repeat our orders many times as she had difficulty understanding us. The insalate and main course came together and we had to remind her that we would like to have the salad before the main course. No pepper. No refill for water.

The insalate we had, it was a chicken and mushroom salad was very good. The pastas was nothing special and very salty.

I believe that more than anything, it is the management of the restaurant that is to blame and not the waitresses.

I don't recommend this restaurant to anyone

1  Thank Sogol Z
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I went another time and this restaurant it's amazing!!! Go there for sure!! 5 stars!! I went mano Times in The last 10 years and The food always is fresh and The service it's fast and cute!!!

Reviewed July 11, 2012

I am from the East Coast and was in Toronto visiting family Canada Day weekend. On the Monday my daughter and my cousin and I spent the day downtown Toronto. We decided to have dinner out and decided on Italian. We headed to Little Italy and walked into the Capitol Restaurant on the corner of College and Clifton. We were having a leisurely happy day so we werent in any big hurry. We ordered a Carafe of Sangria. As we sat there, enjoying our day, talking etc we realized that we had been waiting an exceedingly long time for our meal. the Sangria was long gone and the waitress had not come near our table. My cousin asked the waitress to come over and she mentioned we had been waiting a long time. the waitress said "well then, why dont you cancel it". We didnt want to cancel-we were hungry-it was 8:30 and we got to the restaurant at 7 or so. Other table that came in had been served and were gone. My cousin asked to speak with the Manager. Finally a man came outside (we were sitting on the patio) and started screaming at the top of his lungs. He yelled that I should go back to NS and fish my shrimp etc. I had never been so humiliated in a public setting. After reading other's reviews of this restaurant I must wonder how it has stayed open. I can't even rate this restaurant a 1. I think they also spit in our food as I heard a comment as we walked out of the restaurant. If I were you I would never consider going into this restaurant. there are many restaurants that would be happy to have your business. these people clearly dont want business and clearly feel that insulting a tourist is acceptable. If I had to rate the restaurant it would be a minus 100. the food was also horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Sangria was acceptable.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

Went there last Saturday. Our app took an hour to get to us, and was full of oil. The lady manager/owner is a totally tyrant. My date and I proceeded to listen to her scream at, and verbally abuse her staff while we were trying to eat our dinner. I would never eat there again. Not only was the food terrible, but the atmosphere was horrible as well. I could not believe my date and I had to listen to that kind of yelling while trying to enjoy our meal. Unbelievable.