“A Pleasant and Relaxed Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Trattoria Nervosa

Trattoria Nervosa
Ranked #65 of 8,432 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Midtown
Bangkok, Thailand
“A Pleasant and Relaxed Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

I was meeting a friend from out of town and chose this restaurant owing to its proximity to his hotel. We were lucky with the weather and on a nice sunny day were able to get a table on the balcony. Some reviews have said that the tables are too close together. It is true that the tables were close so I wouldn't choose this for an intimate tete a tete but we found that it added to the atmosphere.

We had a lot to catch up on so took our time ordering. Our server checked in on us occasionally but was not pushy. She made some good recommendations for wine and food. We shared a pizza and ordered a main course salad each. Both were extremely good.

Two salads, one pizza and two bottles of wine came to C$200 so it was not cheap but we had a great time and would certainly go again.

For lunch they will only accept reservations for noon and after that it is first come first served so plan your trip in advance.

Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great night in their beautiful Terrace. delightful service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

Me and my boyfriend had a lovely night at Nervosa last week. We were hungry looking for a casual but good restaurant to go after work and I had in my mind trying Nervosa's pizza for a long time. We got a table at their 2nd floor terrace (100% recommended) cozy and romantic with comfy chairs.

Our server was fantastic from the beginning to end don't remember her name but she is from Israel. Very nice to talk to, casual but diligent and with a great attitude

Food: My boyfriend had the Spaghetti alla Chitarra con Vongole e Gamberi and he loved them. My first option wans't as good. I had the Pizza Montanara with berkshire sausage, which I found extremely salty (and I consider myself someone who likes well salted and flavoured food). Our server was kind enough to apologize and offer another item from the menu, second option was Pizza Funghi e Formaggi with prosciutto and it was AWESOME, crispy dough and flavourfull toppings. Great customer recovery there!
Best of the night was the Tortino al Cioccolato, Quinoa base chocolate fondant with coconut ice cream and caramel. I could eat this every day!!!! It was so good

Overall we had a great night, prices are good for a Yorkville Restaurant, the service is impeccable and even though we had a slip with the food, I could tell they know how to make pizzas and pastas!

Toronto, Canada
“Always keep coming back!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

Great little authentic place in the heart of Yorkville. I've visited on numerous occasion with family and friends and we have always had the best service and loved the food. This time I tried one of the entree salads and couldn't be happier. The patio is a great place to relax and watch the Yorkville pace below. Will definitely be back!

Rugeley, United Kingdom
“Lovely atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

Had lunch here recently a small quirky retaurant with a lovely buzzy atmosphere . We shared a Pizza which was delicious . Waiting staff were excellent very enjoyable experience

• Visited April 2014
Canada
“A reliable pleasure”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

We've eaten at Cafe Nervosa several times. On the most recent visit, I was particularly pleased with the service. We were dining with two elderly relatives, and the service was very patient and helpful. We asked to be seated in a quiet area, and we were put upstairs. It is a lovely area, and at lunch is filled with light and very comfortable.

We had a good table for four people. One of us had pizza, one had spaghetti, one had salmon, and I had a salad and an appetizer. We all enjoyed our meals--along with a good bottle of red wine--not cheap, but then wine is almost always expensive at restaurants in Ontario.

I have valued Cafe Nervosa for its reliable good Italian food--and now I am pleased that the service is also friendly without being overbearing, helpful without being intrusive. We will definitely go back.

• Visited April 2014