“Lovely atmosphere”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Had lunch here recently a small quirky retaurant with a lovely buzzy atmosphere . We shared a Pizza which was delicious . Waiting staff were excellent very enjoyable experience

Reviewed April 25, 2014

We've eaten at Cafe Nervosa several times. On the most recent visit, I was particularly pleased with the service. We were dining with two elderly relatives, and the service was very patient and helpful. We asked to be seated in a quiet area, and we were put upstairs. It is a lovely area, and at lunch is filled with light and very comfortable.

We had a good table for four people. One of us had pizza, one had spaghetti, one had salmon, and I had a salad and an appetizer. We all enjoyed our meals--along with a good bottle of red wine--not cheap, but then wine is almost always expensive at restaurants in Ontario.

I have valued Cafe Nervosa for its reliable good Italian food--and now I am pleased that the service is also friendly without being overbearing, helpful without being intrusive. We will definitely go back.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Hi all, I am sorry to say that this restaurant is average at best. We ordered the pizza and it was small and overpriced! I would rather have a takeout pizza! There wasn't much gourmet about the food. The service was okay. The prices were too high for the portions provided. The patio is nice but it can get noisy if there is a lot of traffic. I liked the pizza at Corks above the Longo's grocery store! It was much better and the service was actually much better too!

Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Nervosa is by far the best restaurant in Yorkville! The gluten- free pasta is extremely delicious. I love the way they present the Caesar salad and the staff are very welcoming and friendly! :) Definitely worth stopping by.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

During a stroll in Yorkville yesterday afternoon, we made reservations for 6:00 pm that evening at Nervosa. Thank goodness because it had become very busy! Unfortunately, there was no record of our reservation. The hostess and manager were unable to find it; the employee I described having recorded it had left for the day! While the line up grew behind me, I politely described my interaction with the previous employee and they finally gave us someone else's reservation for the same size party. During dinner, the hostess and manager stopped by individually to apologize; they had called the employee at home and evidently she made up the spelling of my name because she could not understand it! It was a nice gesture; but too late! During our seating upstairs, the wait staff had been apprised of our reservation difficulties and developed an attitude toward us. It was not only my perception as my family are never critical and they noticed as well. The service was very poor; gruff, tardy and flippant. One of our pizza appetizers was cold; we had to request plates for the pizza; we were not given any bread despite olive oil and balsamic vinegar on the table; when prompted for the bread, again they did not bring plates; when the dishes were requested, the waiter and bartender exchanged comments and eye rolls about it; we had to ask for cheese for our pasta which was stingily dispensed. I would have complained to the manager but did not want to disrupt our dinner because we had had such a rough start to the evening thanks to this crew. I would like to have reflected my disappointment in my tip; I traditionally give the standard 20% gratuity. But the bill arrived with an 18% tip applied because we were a party of 5! Really? Five diners is too much at an Italian restaurant where they try to limit you to 1 dish despite the number of courses you order! Where the waiters spend more time teasing each other and making eye contact among themselves and none with the diners! Waiters who grab the crusty bread in their bare hands to slice it after having walked up and down the public stairs to the kitchen and who knows to where else. I truly believe this guaranteed tip is the root of the problem. These young men were HORRIBLE servers and ruined our evening! I am happy to pay a guaranteed tip for large parties (e.g. 7 or more) but a family of 5 on one bill is ridiculous. I would be even happier to pay a big tip for great service and delicious food! Leave the "jersey boys" off the restaurant floor!

2  Thank Lilly D