“Bymark my favourite place to eat in Toronto”
Review of Bymark

Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Cross street: Bay
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I should confess before starting that I am a regular patron to Bymark and the reason is both the food and the service as well as location to both downtown and the ACC . The menu is varied and changes but I have found that if you like your vegetables steamed as I do or you wish something from the lunch menu at dinner they will accommodate if available . Extensive wine list as well as good wine by the glass. Steaks are a real surprise given this is not a steakhouse. Excellent ! Service is always good and I feel like Im at home . It is pricy but you get what you pay for and the fact that I go back again and again shows my level of satisfaction. The Halibut is great when available as is the steamed spinach the beats and don t forget the fries in a paper cup . A little cream brûlée and a capaccino and your done . For me. Always excellent.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I am a regular at this restaurant for business lunches. Bymark is considered amoung the best in the downtown business district and a reliable place to eat for those who can afford an expensive meal. I have always been treated with respect and the experiance has always been consistent with the better restaurants in Toronto. My recent experiance on the evening Monday April 22 was nothing short of terrible. The waiter was beyond indifferent. I have never seen such poor service in a quality restaurant as this and never have I seen a waiter who cared less about his customers. Given it was Monday night there were very few patrons in the restaurant thus the extremely poor service could not be a product of a busy restaurant. The waiter simply did not care. To make matters worse it took forever to get served our meals. In light of the fact we ordered very standard food the long wait was beyond comprehension. I am at a complete loss to explain this terrible experiance as I know Bymark is better than this. As for the food it was fine but the service ruined our evening. I would caution patrons against going on a quiet night as obviously they bring in c class staff to serve their customers on a slow night. How disappointing!!

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Was on a business trip to Toronto and came here with a few co-workers for dinner. The restaurant is downstairs and a bar with some outdoor seating upstairs. First impression of the bar: trendy with a lot of suits and business attire. Good scene.

Got seated right away because we had a reservation. Highly recommend reservation. It did get crowded real quickly. Hostess was pleasant, server was nice. Wasn't as attentive as some of the other reviewers posted, but I wouldn't say it was "bad" service.

Started with some wine, drinks, oysters, shrimp tacos, soups and Italian sausages. Portions are small as one would expect in a pricey restaurant. Warning, the shrimp tacos are very very small. I mean tiny, but they were quite good. Food was fresh and good. For the entrees, we ordered the surf n turf, the special which was a hand made penne pasta with lobster, the stuffed tortellini. No complaints from the table. When the food came, we were pretty much silent as we were enjoying the food.

We ended the night with a few drinks upstairs.

The place has a good vibe, food is good, staff responsive but it is quite pricey. With drinks, appetizers, main, and a dessert, expect to pay well over $100 per person.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Don't expect all that much change for $400 for a dinner for two, but they are more good than they are expensive. Tremendous quality of food, service and ambience. One for a quality celebration.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We went to the Bymark restaurant for dinner and had a great experience. The waiter was very friendly and informative, it was a friday night but the place was not crazy busy for our 730 reservation. First of all let me say the prices are not for the faint of heart, the martinis were 15 a pop but worth it because there is enough alcohol in there for 3 drinks. I was totally impressed because they had Gavi one of my favorite wines and by the glass so I didn't have to drink an entire bottle by myself... again, not that there's anything wrong with that. We skipped the apps as we were eating pretty well all day and went straight to the mains, now I alwys find restaurants of this type that price each item separately can be challenging in that you don't want to end up with too much food and a bill for it that made you wish you did have bottle of wine to ease your pain. We opted for the.. wait for it... 30 OZ PORTERHOUSE done medium to share for 3 ladies and it was the perfecct choice done perfectly. I brought the bone home for the aaahem "dog". Now for the sides we each chose one there was a potatoe , a spinach and because I wanted to embarrass my daughter in front of the hunky young server I ordered Brussell Sprouts. These were definately not your grandmothers or even mothers sprouts according to them and we openly devoured them pecans and all. Yummy.