“Bymark could only be better if it were summer on their lovely patio”
Review of Bymark

Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Cross street: Bay
Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

I'm happy to have finally have secured a Winterlicious lunch booking today at Bymark. My husband and I loved our lunch. He had the famous hamburger and loved it. My beet argula salad came with these tiny pillow shaped crackers stuffed with goat cheese and topped with sea salad. I shared one of these tiny crackers with my husband. He too thought they were amazing.The beets were tiny and delectable. The trout was delicious in the a light dressing which was sweet and tangy. The salad and the trout were sauced perfectly that the main ingredients were complemented. The service details were beautiful. Soup served piping hot from a kettle of sorts. My chocolate mouse with the beautiful and delicious banana cookies melted in my mouth.

Can't wait to come back.

There are newer reviews for Bymark

Reviewed January 29, 2013

The food is pretty good if very expensive but the wine at more than 3 times retail is ridiculously expensive so we do not go there any more.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

This is one of Mark McEwen's restaurants that has predictable high end food. The patio in the summer is very nice. The dinning room is dark sometimes cozy and some times cold.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I had this post-holiday lunch with my friend. Bymark was not my first choice as it is typically business people doing powers lunches and chatting loud. Surprisingly it was very quiet that day which is conducive for quiet conversation. Maybe people were still on holidays. Food is ok and tuna sashima is very fresh, which is a nice surprise for a non-Japanese restaurant. The only disappointment is the soggy macrons in the petit fours, which I suspect they bought it elsewhere and not from the kitchen. Overall a good experience and I may rethink coming here more often.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Another visit. Another great meal. The menu includes enough for most tastes. The chef has an excellent touch. Food is expertly prepared and they are great with gluten issues. Service level is high. A great spot. Too bad it is in a basement but you can't have it all.

2  Thank Greg799