“A quiet restaurant away from the downtown core”
Review of Bravi Ristorante

Bravi Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Bravi Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #864 of 9,299 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Yonge Street
Transit: Steps from both King Street and Union Station subway stops
Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

I was dining here and catching up with a former colleague. It was a very nice quiet spot a little east of the financial district but certainly walking distance from Bay and King.

I enjoyed the atmosphere the restaurant offered. It was quiet and maybe a little dark (my personal preference would be a more lit dining room admittedly but we chose a table by the window).

The Grilled Octopus I ordered was very good and savoury with a hint of basil in a tomato based sauce. The hard crunch of chick peas in the sauce was a little intriguing but seemed out of place. Overall I enjoyed the dish. The octopus was fresh.

The mango sorbet was good but not outstanding.

The area just east of the restaurant, north on Church can be a little rowdy, so I would exercise caution when walking around there in the evening.

1  Thank HellofromToronto

Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

This is a charming and romantic spot. Our server gave us great recommendations and we thoroughly enjoyed our meals. My spaghetti with seafood in a Pernod sauce was fantastic! This could be the new favourite.

Reviewed July 22, 2017 via mobile

Great food and ambiance in downtown Toronto. Service was exceptional. The food is great! Can recommend to anyone

Reviewed February 2, 2017

Visited here prior to a show at the Sony Centre the other night. First off the signage for this restaurant isn't very good so a few people in our party walked by it a few times. The atmosphere is quite nice when you enter and the staff were friendly and attentive. Assorted olives and bread for dipping into olive oil and balsamic are served immediately when you are seated...nice touch. There is an extensive wine list and prices are on par with other restaurants in the area. A couple of selections we asked for were not available, but suitable replacements were made available. I started with the Insalata Casa - a mix of Arugula, Cherry Tomatoes, Shaved Fennel tossed in a Honey Lime Vinaigrette. It arrived nicely chilled, the ingredients fresh and tasty. For my entree I opted for Spaghetti Carbonara. (Smoked Bacon, Egg Yolk, Parmesan) I had read some reviews on this restaurant prior to arriving and was therefor not surprised to see a raw egg yolk atop my spaghetti dish. The only issue I had was the pasta was not hot enough when it arrived so when I mixed the yolk into the spaghetti it cooled down even more. Portion sizes leave you wanting more...too bad because lets face it...pasta is CHEAP! It tasted very good and there was lots of thick sliced bacon pieces to enjoy. Others in our party were satisfied with their meals and the salmon got two thumbs up when I asked how it was. Overall Bravi will not disappoint, however I found it an uninspired experience and with so many dining options nearby will likely not return anytime soon.

Reviewed January 17, 2017 via mobile

We made a decision to try this spot for a team lunch following the trip advisor reviews. The restaurant was quiet and so service was fast. Staff was attentive and ambience was very nice. Our entire team was less than thrilled with the portion size. Flavours were great, but there was not much of it to enjoy. The gnocchi dish in particular was an appetizer portion at best. Returned back to the office having to look for a snack to get me through the afternoon.

1  Thank Marsha F