“Very, very special -- but only on Fri. and Sat.”
Review of Blue Bay Cafe

Blue Bay Cafe
Ranked #1,208 of 9,071 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: African, Cafe
Neighborhood: West End
Neighborhood: West End
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I'm almost ashamed to admit that I hadn't returned to the Blue Bay Café in 25 years, but I'm delighted to report that the meal was exquisite. I found myself back in the neighborhood on a Friday evening, and even though I had supper waiting at home couldn't resist dropping in. I was greeted with a warm welcome. It was hard to decide what to order -- it all seemed appealing -- but I settled on the curried shrimp. Beautifully plated, with a lovely sauce with mango and peppers and a generous amount of shrimp (especially generous considering the reasonable price) -- done to perfection. The room is immaculate and tastefully decorated. I'll be back ... hopefully within 25 days, not years.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Delightful experience, and terrific food! Fish in ginger sauce was outstanding. The young man, whose parents own the restaurant, could not have been nicer. Would highly recommend this lovely restaurant.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

For those of you who don't know, Mauritian food can best be described as a fusion of African, Asian and Indian cuisine and the Blue Bay Café does it exquisitely! Some of the standouts on the menu include Chicken Mine Frire, Côtelette Volaille, Daube of Chicken and some delicious samozas. The Fish in ginger sauce is also excellent. If you have never been to this restaurant and you enjoy exotic tastes, you will enjoy it!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

The only Mauritian restaurant in town and it delivered!! I tried the curry ourite and it sent me back to the islands. Well worth the visit, the 1st of many to come.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

This Mauritian Restaurant is conveniently located in downtown Toronto.
The food, staff and price are all very nice. I had Mauritian fried noodles with vegetables and my friend had oyster curry, rice, samosa and vegetable pickles `achard legumes`
Looking forward to visit this delicious place again this summer with non-Mauritian friends and they are very anxious to learn about our culture, food, language and tradition.