“Great food”

Neighborhood: Queen Street and West Queen West
Brussels, Belgium
“Great food”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

As Brits we like a curry, believe it or not it is now our national dish. My husband comes to Toronto quite a bit and was always raving about this restaurant so finally I had an opportunity to try it for myself. It really is good. Indian food in North America tends to to watered down in terms of spice and heat, but not so here. I ordered the tandoori prawns as a starter, which were nothing less than delicious. Lamb rogan josh followed and I honestly didn't need a knife to cut the meat, it was melt in the mouth tender, nicely spiced and not swimming in unnaturally red sauce. The naans were fluffy and delicious and the sides flavoursome. I liked the decor, all exposed brick and smart tables, beats the flock wallpaper you normally get.

“our favorite restaurant in toronto”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

while in toronto we went to babur several times, great food, great service and good prices.
also in a very popular street, queen, where you can walk around looking at interesting things.
I definitely recommend Babur!!

• Visited October 2011
Ottawa
“My Favorite Indian, but damn pricey.”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I do have to say first off I'm not from Toronto, so I don't eat at restaurants here... maybe everywhere is priced like this. I go to Babur's every time I'm here though and have never been dissapointed. Entrees, which are VERY small IMO are 15-25$. The apps are absolutely tiny as well and anywhere from 5-15. Naan is very good but for plain I think its 3$ and for an onion stuffed Naan its 6$. These are the size of a medium plate.

All in all, the food is VERY good. I have eaten at probably every Indian restaurant in Ottawa but Babur is my favorite anywhere. Just be prepared to pay well over 100$, especially if you are drinking.

I recommend the Vindaloo's, they are really good. The Lamb Rhogan Josh is another favorite... a lot of people say the butter chicken is excellent but I have had better. The Masala dishes are really good, the Muligatany soup is amazing and the Coconut Shrimp Curry is amazing too.

I've actually never had a dish I would describe as bad there, but again, $100 for 2 people is very easy to get to. A really nice meal with wine would be probably $150... and I just am not a fan of paying that much, especially for lunch!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank GoSensGoOttawa
travlife
“Really excellent curry”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Loved the food at Babur. Also lovely decor. Our waiter was exceptionally pleasant. We found some unusual dishes that we have not found on other Indian menus. A definite must for anyone who appreciates and loves Indian food. Priced well also

• Visited August 2012
Yellowknife
“Yummmm....”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Chic atmosphere, excellent service and superb food! The butternut squash soup with saffron was delightful!

Visited August 2012