Review of 93 Harbord - CLOSED

Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Burton-on-Trent
Reviewed September 26, 2012

The restaurant is a bit off the beaten track, but the trip is worth it. The food was beautifully prepared and excellent quality. Service was really good.

Visited September 2012

Ontario
“An excellent choice in an area of very good restaurants”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

The response to an inquiring phone call (not a reservation request) was that they "would certainly have room" for us if we came in an hour or two. Many places would have pressured for reservation. We did wander over that way and decided, after reviewing the menu outside, that it suited us well. The welcome continued once seated, with attentive and friendly service.
The menu had something for everyone's tastes in our party of four--most of us had lamb shank or tagine (described by Jamie Oliver as "stew with attitude")--and we were guided with useful suggestions.
Everything was first-rate and we were happy to have ended up at 93 Harbord.

• Visited August 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Never had a bad meal here”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Excellent food. The flavours pop. You can't go wrong with the lamb. Small plates are great to share.

Visited August 2012
Canada
“Scrumptious Dishes, Excellent Service And Ambiance”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I’ve been a few time to 93 Harbord and the food was always flavourful and quite delicious. When I saw their Summerlicious menu, I had to try the new dishes.

On weekends they have double seating, 6:00 PM and 8:30 PM. Overall, the experience was excellent! From the moment I made the reservations to being greeted and offered the scrumptious dishes, the staff was consistenly friendly and attentive.

I started with the Fatoush salad; a melange of fresh romain lettuce, cucumbers and tomatoes in a citrus dressing and topped with crispy sumac covered pita wedges. It was a truely perfect combination. With my friends sharing dishes, I was able to try a bite of the Zaalouk, an eggplant and chickpea dish which I also found that to be excellent.

For the main, I had the Grilled Fillet of Salmon, which was a succulent dish. The combination of the perfectly grilled salmon, orange tahini sauce and the crispy roasted almonds was wonderful. My friends ordered the Ontario Lamb Tagine, which they said was mouth watering and a must try.

And let’s not forget the dessert. We had the Pears and Walnut Stuffed Phyllo, Honey Date Drizzle. The crispy exterior yet warm taste was a perfect choice at the end of sumptious meal.

This place is very charming with a pleasing ambiance. I love the exposed brick wall, which displays works by local artists.

• Visited July 2012
Toronto
Reviewed July 13, 2012

This is my second time at this restaurant - both Winterlicious and Summerlicious actually. Both times I had their infamous tangine lamb and it does not disappoint. Servings were a bit small (which is the case at most summerlicious venues - not sure what their regular menu portions are like) but really tasty. Definitely I have to go back when the the festival is over and try the regular menu.

Wait staff were attentive but allow for privacy. Ask for ice water as the water is tepid otherwise. Atmosphere has a rich feel to it which makes the experience feel even more special.

• Visited July 2012