“Give it a try”

Aladdin's Palace Restaurant
Neighborhood: Scarborough
Neighborhood: Scarborough
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is sort of hidden away. However you can see the sign on the board from the street. When we parked you have to walk down some stairs o get into the restaurant.

When you walk in there is a sign that says seat yourself...so we walked around a bit before we found the perfect spot. Right by the window. Very nice spot. My initial reaction of the tables and chairs seem outdated but I gues it wasn't an issue because it was very clean.

We got good service, I didn't like how she kept coming to our table to ask us questions, a little over bearing. My tea cup had lipstick stain on it...so I didn't drink my tea. The food was authentic and awesome...loved everything about it.

We also had the "shisha" which is an ancient tradition for smoking natural...we mixed 2 flavors...very relaxing

Nice dinner music playing..the atmosphere you have to adapt to appreciate..calming

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Owner of the place is totally unprofessional, yelling beside our table. Our table crowd was multinational, and he made us feel totally out of place. He made it clear he only wants Arabians there. He tried charging our table $90 for the DJ, after we had ordered multiple dishes and drinks at the bar, and never even knew about the extra charge for the DJ. When we refused to pay, he made us leave. He is an awful human being.

2  Thank millie v
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Had lunch at Aladdin's Palace on Victoria Park with a bunch of friends. Was somewhat taken aback when we arrived as the place was a bit of a hole...dark and dinghy. My opinion changed when the food came. The restaurant serves Mediterranean food and the food is authentic, delicious and priced low -- I guess because they don't waste their money on overhead :)

Can't comment on cleanliness of bathrooms because no one used it.

So if you are looking for a place to go that is reasonable, has authentic Mediterranean food and you don't care about atmosphere, this is a must try.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Canada
Reviewed August 14, 2008

Love this place for lunch. Very tasty food and relaxed atmosphere.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook