“Great place to check out....”

Hoops Sports Bar & Grill
Ranked #157 of 270 Nightlife in Toronto
Reviewed June 4, 2013

While walking down by the water front we decided to grab a drink and stumbled on this place, we requested the bartender to make us a specialty shot and drink...boy were we amazed at how good it tasted. I'm not sure what the food is like, we never eat there but the bartenders are amazing!!!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Hoops is very average. Their daily specials might make a visit worth it, if it peaks your interest. That said, there Sport Bars in Toronto that are light years ahead of Hoops. There are TV's with the same game on with a three to four second difference in air time. That creates an odd and undesired atmosphere. Some TV's are faded and should not even be bothered to be turned on. Other TV's are great, clearly in transition, but nonetheless, Hoops should make more of a concerted effort to make this changeover not so noticeable. The service was nice once it arrived, but having to wait and to hunt down the service is not ideal, especially since both times I have been here, it was not that busy. Located at Yonge and College, Hoops has a great spot for potential, but for now, it is wasting this opportunity and letting other sport bars be a more desired location even if you have to pay for it!

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

server is terrible, first they charged for cover charge to get in to watch ufc, fine we paid anyway thinking it will be worth it. Waitress is not knowledgeable, asked her how much is a pitcher of beer and she can't even answer this question. Then I told her we r all going out for smoke, came back she gave away half of my table. Fine! We asked for chairs but they don't even have any. N the thing is she wouldn't even come to tell us they don't have any chairs until I go and asked her. They finally brought us the pitcher that we order an hour ago, but No glasses provided, then they finally brought us glasses after 30 mins. This kind of service is ridiculous n def should not exist in this service industry.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Everyone told us to head to Hoops if we wanted a late night bar with a sports theme. Lots of TVs everywhere and they had some decent drink and food specials. Wait staff was nice. Nothing special; I had the wings and fries and everything was good.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I visited the hoops bar near cn tower, not yonge street. The first day of our holiday i went in staff were friendly helped with my map highlighted places to go. Really helpful, we had a few beers nice atmosphere lots of tvs with loads of sports to watch which suited my bf, quiet due to being October. As we had a good experience the first time, we went back the next day, different staff, one girl in particular was very forward in your face over familiar came across sleazy, we ordered food which was nice burger n chips reasonably priced. Once we got our bill the waitress that I wasn't keen on asked if we needed change which I didn't like and when we said yes she came back very abruptly slammed the book with change in it on the table n walked away. No thank you or hope u had a nice meal, whole attitude changed. I always leave a tip but meal cost 30 dollars n gave her 50 dollars wasn't leaving her a 20 dollar tip was wanting change. I think it's terrible she expected a tip, it is not our fault they get paid low wages, I feel it's down to the customer if they want to tip if they feel they have had good customer service. Clearly the waitress Michelle changed her attitude to being rude, very unfriendly, all she is interested in is flirting with customers which is fair enough, clearly that's how she expected to get tips.