“Delicious Food and Attentive Service ”

Cellar Door Restaurant
Ranked #900 of 10,302 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: New Toronto
Reviewed February 16, 2019 via mobile

Visited on a busy Friday evening. Really liked the ambiance of the place. Shared the scallops as an appetizer. Presentation of food was beautiful. My partner had the cod entree and thought it was good. I had the steak, cooked exactly how I liked it.

I wasn’t familiar with the wines available; I asked the server for a recommendation based on the types of wine I usually drink and he suggested a very nice wine that I enjoyed.

Didn’t indulge in dessert, my partner liked it. The cappuccino and limoncello after the meal were both delicious.

We’ll be back to try the pizza!

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

They renew their menu, which isnt usual for italian restaurnat. But it gives us the opportunity to try something new. My wife took some pastas with truffle and mushroom. She loved it!
In desert, we have a peach melba with crumble and ice cream on top of it.
It melted in our mouth!!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 24, 2018

Walking into a cozy warm dining room gives a nice feel. The service was relaxed but attentive. We came in to join 3 other patrons and we were not interrupted in our mission. Staff was busy with other patrons so we made our way to the table we had reserved. As soon as we said our hello's we were greeted by staff to welcome us and take our order. Decent selection of wine and cocktails. (wish I had tried the Vesper, maybe next time) but the highlight and the reason we were there was the pizza. Our favorite out of the 3 we ordered was the 3 Musketeers. Don't let the anchovies scare you, the chef mixes it very well into the pizza without an overpowering flavour. I sampled someone else's Panna Cotta and wasn't it just delicious. Overall a great experience. Love me a good wood fire pizza!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

Recently had the opportunity to visit the Cellar Door and enjoy a great meal.
I enjoyed a nice in house wood fired pizza option.
The restaurant ambiance was relaxing and casual.
The wait staff were very friendly, cordial.
A nice spot with great simple menu options.
Definitely worth the visit for a nice meal and drinks if you are in the area.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

We got there a bit late but was promptly served. We had 3 different plate, both pizza, beef and pasta was excellent. It was weekday so it was not busy. Service very good. Environment a bit intimate, almost romantic. But nothing too fancy. Definitely recommended. Price also interesting.

Date of visit: August 2018