“great hotel for park and fly”

Sandman Signature Toronto Airport Hotel
Ranked #42 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I booked this hotel for the location as it is quite close to the airport, as we had a early flight the next day. I booked a family suite which had a king bed and a separate room for my daughter and niece with a pull out sofa. The rooms had wifi which was great for our kids. The beds were very comfortable and rooms clean, my only complaint is the blankets they use. The blankets are not comfortable and they kept sliding off the bed, other than this the hotel was perfect. It is a very nice hotel, staff is great, they even offered a little shop with snacks and drinks. Also it is surprisingly quiet being so close to the airport.

Room Tip: I requested a quiet area as we had a early flight.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Yvonne T
GM_Toronto, Manager at Sandman Signature Toronto Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Thank you for this "great" review. The professionalism of our associate is something that we are constantly focused on here at the hotel and we have a good group. We consistently receive great reviews on or family suite it is very well appointed. We are always looking at ways to improve our service and your comment on the blankets is a great help to us on our ongoing improvement. I appreciate your feedback on that. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Loved this hotel because of it's cleanliness.
The room was phenomenal.
At the time (2010), it had a bunk bed seperate from master suite with it's own tv and bean bags for kids to lounge around on.
Not close to stores that you can walk to. It is expected since you are right beside the airport.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our team is committed to maintaining the standards we have at the hotel. We greatly appreciate you describing how well appointed our rooms are. We are looking forward to welcoming you back,

Reviewed July 9, 2014

This is a huge step up from your average, middle-of-the-road airport conference hotel. First off, the rooms are enormous. My room had a separate living space with a sofa set and desk; fully furnished kitchen (sink, refrigerator, coffee maker, etc.); full bedroom; and full bath, with a shaving mirror. It was bigger than my NYC apartment and I didn’t have to clean up after myself!

The hotel offered many other amenities for the harried traveler. Check-in was very efficient and friendly. The lobby area had a nice coffee bar/mini-deli in one corner. Wifi was strong, and the shuttle from and to the airport arrived on time.

There is a restaurant called Moxie’s, which I later found out was a national chain – and not a very good one. I ordered a cheeseburger medium but was told that the burgers were already cooked, well-done. Not wanting to have a burger that had been pre-cooked and sitting around, I ordered the chicken tenders, which were equally as unappetizing. The side Caesar was good and plentiful, though. The area surrounding the hotel was fairly desolate and there didn’t appear to be any other dining options. Lesson learned: when in doubt, order the pasta.

Except for the restaurant – which I assume they have no control over anyway – this place was right on the money. I would highly recommend it if you ever find yourself stranded at the Toronto airport.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank TravelerNYC2013

I love when we receive detailed reviews about the experience that our guest have during their stay at our hotel. You touched on many things about our great property and we appreciate the feedback. On all that you’re experienced from the shuttle at arrival, quality and cleanliness of our room and the interaction with our associate an excellent review. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing your soon.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

As a firm believer in recognizing something great when found, this hotel has it all.

My wife and I took advantage of a "Lucky 13" night, where the stay was completely free compliments of the hotel, as a reward for our previous stays.

Wonderful room, great amenities, Moxies Grille, wonderful location and the usual great service we have come to expect.

A short hop to the 401, 427 and the airport.

Pamper yourself.

Room Tip: Our room was quiet, overlooked the golf course and the quality windows eliminated the sound of aircr...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Daryl W

I want to thank you for this great review we greatly appreciate your positive feedback about our services and location. I will share this great feedback with our team. Thank you again as we look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

It is close to Airport with a shuttle available for pick up. Friendly staff. Freee wifi. Nice restaurant (Moxie's). My room was a corner room and big. The tub didn't drain properly. The bed made it hard to sleep. The pillow was too soft and the bed made me roll towards the center.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank AmyMtl

Thank you for this review we greatly appreciate your feedback. It is good to hear that you were given a warm welcome by our friendly staff. I do apologize that you did not enjoy our bed or pillow, along with the bath tub, your feedback was forwarded to our executive house keeper and maintenance manager. It is feedback like yours that helps us serve our guest better and I want to thank you for your time as we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

We used this hotel as a stopover hotel on our way to Jamaica in May. They provide a shuttle and we called them when we arrived , while we were waiting for our bags. There was a little confusion probably by us as to were to meet the shuttle, but we got to the right location and had to wait only a few minutes, overall we had to wait about 30 minutes from phoning. The hotel is really isolated in a field but had a Moxies attached so it was okay for the night. The rooms are very clean as you would expect and we had the usual problem with the tv remote which was addressed quickly. Would stay there again if the price is right, ( around 100.00 ) otherwise would stay at the attached to the airport Sheraton.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Prariedave327
GM_Toronto, General Manager at Sandman Signature Toronto Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2014

I appreciate the time you took to write this review. I am sorry to hear about the confusion with the shuttle service and the TV remote that did not work I am happy to hear that we were able to rectify this quickly. I do appreciate your feedback as it is what we rely on to better our service. Thank you as we look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Cons:
- Terrible mattresses and pillows. I had no choice but sleep on the floor. (having back issues? pick another hotel!)
- My room felt run down - cabinets with sticky stains, dirty bed covers and very dusty carpets.
- Can hear next door guests.
Pros:
- Good internet
-Restaurant on the main level has healthy choices for breakfast. (I would go elsewhere for dinner)

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank skyborn

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It is very troubling to me that you were faced with so many challenges at our hotel. Please accept my apology for the inconvenience you experienced I have addressed the matter with our executive house keeper. Thank you for the feedback it is greatly appreciated as it will help us better serve our guest. Please contact me when you are returning to Toronto.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport
Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
TownePlace Suites Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre
Westin Toronto Airport
#64 of 137 in Toronto
Hampton Inn by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre

Been to Sandman Signature Toronto Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!