“Really great from the penthouse floor...”

Sandman Signature Toronto Airport Hotel
Ranked #41 of 134 Hotels in Toronto
Canada
“Really great from the penthouse floor...”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have stayed at the Sandman Signature Hotel Toronto Airport a few times now and have stayed in the top floor "penthouse" suites. These are great rooms on the top floor with a mini kitchenette, separate bedroom and living room. I really enjoyed it and the views were fantastic with the sun streaming into the room in the morning, it felt great to get up.

The gym is decent as is the business centre - great if you need to print anything out. The onsite Moxie's is excellent for food service both onsite and for room service - quite prompt by room service standards. If you are a woman though, avoid the lounge late in the evening - unless you want to be harrassed by hourds of men on business who seem to have forgotten that they have wives/girlfriends at home. The lounge is one heck of a meat market crawling with men and few women which makes the odds outstanding if you're a woman looking for a friend.

Room Tip: Choose the top floor - it's fantastic.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Cornwall ON
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is the second visit to the Sandman Signature Hotel near the Toronto Airport. Fast and courteous check in. Great clean rooms with WiFi and amenities. In N.W. Toronto it is a location near all the highways and routes in an about Toronto. Moxie's Bar & Grill is conveniently attached. Good place to stay if you travel by air or do business in N.W. Toronto. Very affordable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Timmins, Canada
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Great hotel despite the paper thin doors. I enjoyed the clean, modern rooms(flooring would make it much more appealing than the carpeting). Unfortunately we were rudely awoken on both nights of our stay from the noise in the hallway...like i said, doors are paper thin. Aside from that, front desk staff is courteous and Moxie's restaurant convenient.

Room Tip: ask for a hallway room away from the vending machine and not located near the elevators.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Our daughters attendance at Anime North had us staying at this wonderful hotel. As well as 20,000 Anime attendees over 3 days at the many hotels located in this area, our hotel was also housing this Miss Canada contestants. That certainly made for interesting people watching in our foyer. The hotel caters mostly for conventions as it is close to the airport.Rooms are clean, roomy, well appointed and Moxies is warm, friendly had a great cocktail, wine and beer menu as well as great food. The Sandman has also opened up a great restaurant at the back of the Sheridan Hotel about a 5 min walk. The steaks were wonderful. We took a bus for an hour to the subway and then a 15min train ride into Toronto. Worth the experience. Loved this hotel. Many thanks to Jen on reception who helped us with our coffee problems!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Markham, Canada
Reviewed May 26, 2013

So this is my 3rd year staying in the sandman hotel for my yearly convention called Anime North and never had I once had a problem with this hotel up until this year. Upon check in, (our party got there at around 12:30 PM) we were requested to wait another one hour for the room because it wasn't prepared yet. This was okay since we could understand it was a convention and there were many people, but I feel as if they should of been more organized since they knew that a big convention was happening. After entering our room and we started to unpack, we found an empty box of condoms in one of the drawers. I had found this very unappealing since they had not taken the time to look through all the drawers and clean it out. Coming in and out from the hotel they front desk staff did not greet us, even when it wasn't busy and outside somebody else's room (right beside ours) there was a girl living outside in the hallway. (she even slept there!) As the convention came to a close and we checked out, I was very flustered because of the fact that I was miss lead in the pricing of the room. When I had called to book, called again to confirm the reservation and got to the hotel I had asked if this was the total pricing including tax and each and every time the server told me yes it included the tax. I had even asked the person I spoke to on the phone how much would it be with tax and she told me the same amount. Since a group of us was staying in the room, I was in charge of delegating the pricing of the hotel and my acquaintances were not too please to hear of a $20 price increase. We spoke to the manager and he was not kind to us at all. He acted like he did not care about what we were saying and I felt a vibe that if my parents had been there to complain instead of me, he would have done something for them but not us. I was fine with paying the extra fees, but I did not like the fact that I was misinformed and the manager did not treat us with respect at all.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Chelsey W
Buckhorn, Canada
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We always make a point of staying at The Sandman at the airport the night before we leave for a vacation south! It's a very nice, elegant, clean hotel and the attached restaurant, Moxie's, is so handy and always offers great service and a varied menu! The staff at the hotel and the restaurtant are so nice and genuine - what a way to start a vacation!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Regina, Canada
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We would rank this the best of any airport hotel we have stayed in. The rooms are spacious, immaculate and the accents and colors make you feel relaxed and calm. The beds are sooooo comfortable. We were here for two nights prior to flying to Jamaica for a wedding.Having Moxies restaurant was an added bonus rather than the 'grab and go' which seems to be the norm elsewhere. We enjoyed a delightful evening meal and two breakfasts there with relatives and friends. We would only cast a negative vote on the Wifi as it was slow but being addressed. We did have relatives in close proximity but their hotel paled in comparison.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
Residence Inn Toronto Airport
Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport
Westin Toronto Airport
#51 of 134 in Toronto

Been to Sandman Signature Toronto Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!