“Great hotel”

Reviewed October 9, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Super 8 Downtown Toronto

Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is a great little hotel in a great location. The rooms are clean and comfortable although basic. No restaurants on site but there are lots around the area. You have to pay extra for parking ( this is standard for downtown Toronto ) and there is no iron or ironing board in the room however their literature states they will provide one upon request. All in all a good value in a good location. Convenient.. I will definately stay here again when visiting this area of Toronto.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Sure, we read all the reviews of budget hotels so we kind of were expecting a rat's nest but we really did not want to spend a lot of money. Thankfully we were pleasantly surprised. Everything was great. The hotel had underground parking, VERY inexpensive, $11.00 for over 30 hours. Take a short elevator ride to the third floor of the building, the bottom 2 floors are shopping. The hotel has 3 floors of rooms.The staff was very polite and helpful. Our room was very clean and roomy. We really had no complaints about the whole experience. Some would argue that the hotel being in China Town is a problem but everything is close so we didn't mind. Our purpose in Toronto was to see a baseball game. Rogers Centre is only a 10-15 minute walk down the road. Overall good experience. Great price, clean room, affordable parking. We recommend it and would stay here again. It does not have the amenities of a Hyatt or Hilton but that was not the purpose of this trip. Clean beds, clean bathrooms and a great location. Oh and the beds were very comfortable. We also did NOT eat there so i can not comment. Only really "bad" comment was the AC unit didn't really perform as hoped, but not a big issue.

Room Tip: interior rooms MAY overlook indoor shopping mall in Chinatown.
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I have stayed here before and it is a good spot location wise. This time I was woken up at 2:37 AM by someone knocking repeatedly on my door. I am a woman and I was alone in my room. I tip toed to the door and looked out the peep hole only to discover that the person on the other side was covering it up with their finger. I said "I can't see you, who is it?" A man's voice said "I guess I have the wrong room" and he walked away. I was in a room that was sort of away from others and I hadn't actually seen any nearby guests during my stay. I called front desk immediaetly and recounted the story. "I guess he had the wrong door" was what the man said to me. Why is a man who covers peep holes wandering around the hotel at nearly 3:00 AM? What kind of security is this? I was awake for the next couple of hours, completely spooked. I won't go back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank SAMANTHA D
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Your staff members are not polite and they do not care. Your breakfast is smelly and lousy. You are charging $50 less than Marriott for 1 night, but you do not provide even a fracture of the service....

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Anna251
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The only downside was the bathroom could do with a good cleaning. The rooms were comfortable and spacious. Great location to the Rogers Center - only about a mile walk.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

The hotel is located on the 3rd to 5th floor in a mall, and is near the center of Toronto ChinaTown. So it is quite convenient if you plan to enjoy an Asian style lunch or dinner, either Chinese or Vietnamese.

The rooms are not big and the window of our room opens to the center of the mall, so we have to close the curtain always.

The choice of breakfast is very limited.

The staff at the counter is quite helpful.