Tripadvisor
Toronto
2,762 results
All reviews soco restaurant rogers centre union station whiskey bar cn tower corner room floor to ceiling windows ripley's aquarium air canada centre steam whistle brewery the club lounge soaker tub lake view modern hotel lake ontario path system high floor
Selected filters
Reviewed January 21, 2020

Desk lamp with switch on base – easy to find
Lots of plugs beside bed, at desk, wall plugs – no furniture moving required
TV doubles as computer monitor, free wifi
Designated wall shelf for all the stuff that usually has to reside on your desk
No arms on the desk chair – awesome
Closet with hangers – doors fold back flat and there are shelves in the closet
Designated spot for coffee and tea
And there is tea kettle – hallelujah!
Base on bed so you can’t lose things underneath and it is recessed
Side tables are wall mounted – don’t stub toes and can’t lose things underneath
Nice big drawers for storage
Bathroom is nice and spacious – not cramped
There is counter space in bathroom – awesome and they have wall shelves for the stuff they provide, leaving counter for your stuff.
Handheld shower is fantastic – so much easier to wash your hair.
Garbage bin in bathroom is accessible and not hidden, nice towel racks right at front of vanity
Specific reading lights by bed that tilt
Nice dark out curtains that overlap when they close
Bathroom has pocket door so it doesn’t take up space

I can honestly say that if I was going to design a hotel room, this room has everything that I would prioritize and it has nice contemporary wall art as well.

Well done Delta!!!

Date of stay: January 2020
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

I stayed here for a two day hockey tournament over a weekend. The hotel is very nice and there is plenty of staff to assist you with whatever you need. It is super close to shops and restaurants so you really have whatever you need. My room was on a high floor so I had a view of downtown Toronto and Lake Ontario. Was beautiful! The only downfall I could say was there were long lines for the elevators when lots of people came at once. Otherwise this place is fantastic!!

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed January 6, 2020

We reached the hotel around 1PM, I have informed the hotel about the earlier arrival time via the chat function on the Bonvoy App. Unfortunately the room was not ready and we were told that housekeeping would be cleaning it straight away and we were invited to go up to the lounge on level 46. An hour later my wife went to check and was told that the room was almost ready, At 2:50PM I went back to the reception and the room was still not available. At that point I was offered a room on a lower floor but I declined stating that this would defeat our whole waiting period for a room on a higher floor (after all I am a platinum member...) The check in person (believe Priscilla) was very helpful and made a few more calls, finally we got our room around 3:15PM only - so even after the official check in time.She took the initiative to arrange a curtesy gift for the trouble which was appreciated. Nevertheless such a long wait isn't acceptable for an elite platinum member.
The rest of the stay was good. The location of the property is great for anyone attending sports events at either the Rogers Centre or Scotiabank Arena which can be accessed without going outside via the Path.
The room was spacious and clean with a fridge instead of a mini bar, this can be useful. Bedding was okay but not as comfortable as at the Westin or Sheraton.
Room keys are very temperamental, we had to replace 3 during our 5 nights stay!
The lounge is nice with a good selection of breakfast spread as well as evening snacks. Unfortunately one does not get a note with the operating hours as breakfast on the weekend starts 1 hour later on the weekend and we were told about this only in a not so polite way when we went for breakfast on the weekend. Valet parking was efficient and friendly and the wait was never as long as indicated on the valet slip.
However, the wait for elevators can occasionally take some time.
Overall a nice property, about 5 years old, and would get a higher ranking if check in was not such an issue and the keys would be more consistent.

Room tip: High floor facing west
1  Thank Notsofar
Delta_Toronto, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2020

Dear Notsofar,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on our Tripadvisor page and for your loyalty as a Platinum Bonvoy member.

I am disappointed to hear that you and your wife experienced a delay checking into the hotel. It is our priority to ensure a flawless experience for our guests, and it is through feedback such as this we can continue to enhance our service.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the facilities of the hotel and found the location to be convenient, especially through the Path.

We look forward to welcoming you again the next time you are visiting downtown Toronto!

Heather McHardy
Director of Front Office

Reviewed January 3, 2020

We had a very pleasant and comfortable stay in this hotel. We stayed with 2 small kids. The rooms are very spacious. Staff are very nice from reception to room service. They always tried their best to meet our needs.

The hotel is connected indoors from the Union station (direct to the airport) which makes it very convenient. The buffet breakfast at Soco has a good variety and spread and we really enjoyed it. Executive Lounge food and drinks were also good and the lovely lady working there was very helpful with my needs for my baby.

We stayed here twice on our arrival and return to Toronto. First time we had a room with the view of Lake Ontario and on the next we had a view of the CN Tower. I would not stay anywhere else!

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Mehr-lion
TeamMarriott, Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2020

Dear Mehr-lion,

It was a pleasure accommodating you and your family at the Delta Hotels Toronto once again. We are happy to read you loved our graciously appointed accommodations, devoted associates, convenient location, and the quality food we serve at SOCO Kitchen + Bar and at our Executive Lounge. Thank you for the gracious review, and we look forward to welcoming you whenever your travels bring you back to Toronto.

Maria Destacamento
Front Office Manager

Reviewed January 1, 2020

Quite possibly the best hotel stay of my life, without any exaggeration!!!

First, we were transferred here after a poor experience at another hotel. Upon our arrival at 3 AM, Matt (the night receptionist) and Nick (the night manager) had everything ready for us. They gave us a corner room on the 45th floor, access to the Club Lounge, upgraded internet, and all the amenities we requested free of charge. Also, because they are part of the Marriott family, they gave us our room at the rates we paid for the previous hotel (which was less than theirs) and their entire management staff over the course of our stay repeatedly apologized for our experience at a Marriott group hotel.
I cant speak well enough of the service here. Room requests were handled immediately, and they more than made up for our experience during our anniversary getaway. A bottle of wine and a cheese plate were delivered complimentary, and they followed up the next morning to see if we needed anything else.
We wanted to see the play Anastasia, and the concierge team was outstanding. Genevieve got us tickets to see the play that day, and also recommended a hairdresser for my wife on New Years Eve. She made multiple calls to find her an appointment, and followed up to ensure we were satisfied. When we wanted to hear live music, Dave hooked us up with a great live venue and then called to ensure it was what we wanted. He also recommended a great men's salon and got me an appointment on New Years Eve for a haircut even though they were "booked" he got me in.
This staff EXEMPLIFIES what a hotel experience should be. When I visit Toronto again, there is no doubt that Delta hotel will be my only choice to stay at. You will not be disappointed with any aspect of this hotel. Dont take chances if you visit Toronto, just book at Delta and you will have no worries.

Room tip: Best rooms and service in Toronto
3  Thank Mondohelmet
TeamMarriott, Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2020

Dear Mondohelmet,

Wishing you and your wife a very Happy New year! Thank you for recommending the Delta Hotels Toronto to future guests. We are pleased that we could provide you with a gratifying stay, and we appreciate your generous comments. We are delighted that our staff showed you what Marriott's spirit of service is all about. Evaluations like these inspire and motivate our team to continue delivering exceptional hospitality. We will definitely share your compliments with the associates you mentioned. It will surely put a smile on their faces. Your review means the world to us! Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Maria Destacamento