“My first choice in Toronto”
Review of Cozy Suites Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Cozy Suites Inn
Ranked #25 of 116 Toronto B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We first stayed at the Cozy Suites Inn for a week in April 2012 and have just spent another five great days there. The Cozy Suites Inn gets excellent reviews because it deserves them. It is cozy, clean, quiet, private and comfortable. Its location is good with access to downtown by subway or streetcar (more to see above ground). One can get there from the airport in just over an hour for $3 by taking the 192 Airport Rocket bus to Kipling Station to Victoria Station and then bus 12 to the door of the Cozy Suites Inn. As others have mentioned, there are nice restaurants, coffee shops and bars nearby. When I go to Toronto, my first call is to Deb at the Cozy Suites Inn. Deb is very nice.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
RedToronto, Owner at Cozy Suites Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thanks Chris, it was my pleasure having you back at Cozy Suites. Thanks for taking the time to write such a fantastic review for us. We appreciate your candid response. This business looks so easy but it is, in fact, quite difficult. It is refreshing and much less stressful when folks like yourselves and the many wonderful guests that I have had throughout the years recognize the efforts put forward. Thank you!!!! Deb

There are newer reviews for Cozy Suites Inn

Reviewed August 4, 2013

My husband and I planned to visit Toronto to see friends, but we also planned to stay on a bit by ourselves to explore the area for a total of five nights. Cozy Suites was the perfect place for us. It was close to our friends, right on the bus line, and close to the beach/Lake Ontario and a variety of shopping. Truly a beautiful area.

Upon our arrival, we found our suite - The London Suite - clean and organized. The kitchen area was well-stocked with items = pans, cutlery, plates, etc. In addition, we had things like coffee, tea, milk, jam, butter, and crumpets in the refrigerator when we arrived. There were extra towels in the closet, if needed, and air conditioning for hot days. There was also an ample supply of DVDs and books, although we never turned the television on the whole time, and we had brought our own books.

The weather was wonderful so we found ourselves sitting outside on the front porch or on the patio out back in the shade. Deb, the owner, keeps the surroundings beautiful with flowers, benches, and even a little stone fountain out back.

The London Suite (and the others, from what I can see) had a homey feel to it. We would come back from our excursions and feel completely relaxed and comfortable. Because of the fabulous kitchen, we were able to make some good meals there and relax while eating. (There is a large grocery up the street toward Gerrard, while there are small groceries on Kingston Road or Queen Street. Take your pick.)

We both slept exceptionally well. The bed was quite comfortable, and the linens clean and just right (with an extra blanket in the closet, if necessary).

One other bonus of this suite during colder weather would be the gas fireplace. I'm sure it's quite "cozy" (pun intended) in the winter with this amenity.

A couple of clarifications. 1. This is not a bed-and-breakfast. You can make your stay as private as you want, but there are usually opportunities to meet others staying there, as well. 2. The room/space is not cleaned each day. It is cleaned twice each week, which enables Deb to keep costs reasonable. The rooms are cleaned between clients, and spotlessly done so. When we entered, everything was in tip-top shape.

I would highly recommend Cozy Suites!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a week in Toronto and we stayed in the London Suite at Cozy Suites Inn. Perfect location, extremely well kept, quiet, and transit right out the front door. Friendly people were more than willing to help with directions too. Close to the Beaches where there are some great pubs/restaurants and shopping....there is not one thing negative about this place. (My husband really wants the banana bread recipe.) I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a wonderful 3-day weekend in Toronto, and the Cozy Suites was the perfect place to stay! The neighborhood is quiet yet it's very easy to get into downtown Toronto via public transport. We rode our bicycles down to the lake, and along the Waterfront Trail to the downtown, and stopped off at the Steam Whistle Brewery for a refreshment. Our Suite was the newly renovated Morrocan, down steps from the lovely quiet backyard terrace. It is luxury accommodations, with a modern kitchen, living room/dining area, two full bathrooms, and two double beds. Two tv.s and even two gas fireplaces--I can't imagine why anyone would stay in a motel!! Deb and her husband make you feel very welcome, and they obviously take great pride in- and care of- in their lovely home. They even have the fridge stocked with your first breakfast! We highly recommend!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
RedToronto, Owner at Cozy Suites Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review Jo Ann, it is very much appreciated. Good luck with your blueberry crop this year, have a great summer, Deb

Reviewed April 14, 2013

This is a great place to stay! The rooms are cozy and warm and have everything that is needed in them. Debbie is wonderful. There to help but not intrusive. The room I stayed in was the Beaches Suite. Perfect! Own entrance at the back, a cozy gas fire in the sittingroom, the bed very comfortable and the room beautifully decorated. I was there for two weeks in March and have decided whenever I am back in Toronto, that is the place for me. The Beach area is lovely, plenty of cafes, pubs and restaurants, between Kingston Road and Queen St. The boardwalk is only about 15min walk, there are two nature trails, Neville Park and one on Kingston Road and plenty of smaller parks dotted around. It was good to be back in my old stomping ground again. I highly recommend this place to stay for singles or couples of any age.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 28, 2013

A lovely, cozy, clean, safe and welcoming environment. I highly recommend it to friends as they will not be dissatisfied. This is a great place for all and especially for women travelling alone...the area is great, bus stop out the front door and a variety of shops and restaurants within walking distance. I would definitely stay again. Service and hospitality is excellent !
Thank you Cozy Suites.

Room Tip: I booked the London Suite and loved it
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Doreen B
Reviewed February 5, 2013

My fiance and I stayed here for 6 nights while we were looking at houses in the area and visiting Toronto and it is gorgeous! We stayed in January so it was so nice to have the fireplace in the suite to come back to to keep us warm. We stayed in the London Bridge suite and it was just the right size for us. The stove in the kitchen was great and we had everything we needed. There were essentials in the fridge for us when we arrived (as well as some lovely cake!) and helpful information on nearby places to eat / visit. The place was clean and welcoming and also very peaceful.

The bus stop right outside the front door was really handy and it was easy to get to wherever we needed to go. The Beaches area is lovely too so we were happy we found the Cozy Suites. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple