“You get what you pay for!”
Review of All Days House #3

All Days House #3
We can't find prices for this accommodation
All Days House #3
Ranked #35 of 107 Specialty Lodging in Toronto
Reviewed August 30, 2010

Stayed here for one night in June. To sum it up, I feel that we got our moneys worth! Arrived very early (about 8am due to an overnight bus journey) and turned up to the hostel to see if they could let us check in early. Have to use a phone outside the building to talk to the manager, and at first we wasn't too keen, but after a bit of polite persuasion he let us have a room early and was extremely helpful and accommodating. We had a private room in the building a couple of doors down (which we weren't too sure about at first) but it was actually fine. Nice little room. We used the laundry facilities which were perfect and found the manager to actually be very helpful throughout our short stay. Location is OK too. All in all I do feel that we got what we payed for and had a good nights sleep!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 28, 2010

I booked a single room with a shared bathroom. Disgusted when I saw my room. My suitcase just about fit into the room. There was a grubby top blanket on my bed and the air conditioning wasn't on. Chewing gum stuck to the wall. I had booked into House #3 but was brought to a building next door which was twice as grubby as the first. seriously wouldn't recommend it

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank dandelion1979
Reviewed August 24, 2010

My daughter has stayed here before and was pleased, so we chose it again for a weekend together in Toronto. Booked a private room for 2 days. We arrived around 5 p.m.-called to have someone open the door- person who answered , Aram or Adam (?) said we had to come around the corner to another location due to a problem with our room. The problem was, we couldn't understand him-his speech was heavily accented, and it took us 20 minutes of standing in the rain to get him to come out so we could see where to go.
We got in, he said he had a room for us. So we go up the stairs, he opens the room door, there's someone else in the room! It looked as though 3 twin beds had been put in, and this, he said, was our room.
We refused, reminded him we had booked a private room, but he seemed completely clueless as to why we didn't want to share with this other person. He then said he was checking the computer to see what else was available-couldn't find anything and didn't seem too concerned about it.
He said he had called my home phone and asked for me, which my husband confirmed, but left no message.
He said he sent me an email, but I was checking my mail several times daily on my way there, and nothing was sent.
I can't rate the place on amenities,cleanliness, etc. since we never got in. We wound up going across the street to the Clarion (which was great, by the way) and spending extra money.
A session of customer service is definitely needed with this guy.

• Stayed: August 2010
2  Thank mosaiclady
Reviewed April 26, 2010

It does not seem to be staffed 24 hours a day...or if it is, you have to ring someone up and it will be at least 20 minutes before they arrived. Granted, I arrived late at night.
It wasn't a problem for me. Also, they accept USD, without an extra charge, which is nice.

A fellow will check you in with his laptop and get you a key to your room. You can ask for a receipt. Houses have security on them...you punch in a 4-digit code to enter a house.

This is a group of several houses. It is about 2.5 blocks South of the listed intersection of Sherbourne & Bloor (which is the subway stop). It is directly across the street from 'Shoppers Drug Mart'. More accurately, the intersection is at Sherbourne & Isabella (walk North on Sherbourne, it's on the left). This is important to know at night...it took me way too long to find it. I should have done the above research.

If you search for the exact address on Google maps, you will get the correct idea.
Also, it is quite far away from the nearest Airport Express shuttle bus drop-off at the Delta Chelsea hotel. Take a taxi from there to the hostel, don't walk it.

Hostel is clean and quiet, but my room was very small. I had an private bathroom.
The shower stall was small and I had to stoop to use it (I am 6foot+ tall).
No problems with roaches or bedbugs.
Nice color television with 2 French channels, 1 Russian, 1 British(?), and a few Canadian.

My room had an exposed heating element about 2 foot long with curtains very near them.
I was afraid that it would cause the curtains to ignite. I tucked the curtains into the window to avoid this.

Overall, service is very basic. No one will clean your bathroom everyday and provide fresh towels. You get one thin towel, a regular bar of soap, and a roll of toilet paper.

Kitchen was very nice, with 2 refrigerators in the basement, but I always ate out.

Neighborhood is dodgy at night, with hookers, beggars, and various other dubious people about. Usually not a problem if you walk fast and ignore them. Women beware.
No problem at all in the daytime.

Getting out was easy.
Just leave the key in the box.

Take the subway (Sherbourne station) westwards to Islington subway station.
Taxis will be there to take you to the airport. This will save you at least $20 on taxi fare.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed May 24, 2009

Average cheap place.

Regular room with cable TV and WI FI

Decent shared bathroom

Nice shared kitchen

Safe neighbourhood. You can find a convenience store, a drugstorel, some restaurants, a supermarket and a coffeeshop veru very close.

Sherbourne subway station after a 1 minute walk, thats the best part of this place

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed February 23, 2009

The rooms on the top floor were roomy and light, also clean enough. The bathrooms were not clean and we booked (and paid for) what was advertised as an ensuite rom - only to find we were sharing the separate bathroom with 2 other rooms. The kitchen facilities generally were ok, but parts needed a good clean. Location wasn't bad, a long walk from downtown but easy access to transport. There didn't seem to be a manned reception of any kind. Up top on the third floor it was quiet enough (though a quiet season) but it looked as if the rooms on the ground floor would be pretty noisy.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed July 28, 2007

Besides being a cheap place, it's great, I mean, I stayed there for only 3 nights but I can tell you it's a very cozy place. It has a clean kitchen available at any time of the day, free internet acces, there's only one computer but it's enough. Plus, the housekeeper is very nice and you can get into contact with him very easily. Plus it's very close to everything and in any case you need to move farther the metro station is just a few steps away.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Grekh