“luxery at its best”

Ranked #1 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Toronto, Canada
“luxery at its best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Was the best hotel we have stayed in Toronto. We enjoyed our stay and loved every moment. The staff were amazing.
all the little things that count were just there.
The pool and spay were great. Concierge was just on top of his game. Wish i would remeber the names just like they remembered ours.
will stay there again.
was well worth it

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank toroboy
Yurika_H_Res_Mngr, Manager at The Hazelton Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear toroboy,

Thank you for the wonderful comments about your stay with us. Your feedback is welcome and inspiring for our staff to continue to strive toward service excellence.

Reservations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Greek first
  • Serbian first
London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

You will not be disappointed if you stay at the Hazelton. The food is absolutely amazing. We really enjoyed sitting on the patio at the Hazelton and enjoying some good conversation and delicious beverages. The staff was amazingly friendly. The location was in lovely Yorkville, which makes it perfect for shopping. The location will blow your mind.

Room Tip: September is a tough month to get a room due to the Toronto International Film Festival.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Joanne T
Yurika_H_Res_Mngr, Manager at The Hazelton Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Ms. Joanne T,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

Well a friend of mine insisted I try this hotel. I was happy to stay at the four seasons but after hearing they wanted for 2 attaching rooms 2k plus I decided to give this hotel with I never heard of a try. Upon checking in which was fast we where brought to our 2 room suite. Since we where 2 adults and 3 big kids we where please to find a wonderful laid out room. The room itself is big and has a great vibe to it. It's also one of the leading hotels in the world in a great location in the city. A serious must for all upscale clientele

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Trader12345,

Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

My husband and I recently spent two-nights at The Hazleton Hotel, and we both agree that it's among the very best hotels we've visited.

Check-in was a very speedy, efficient process. We were delighted with our Luxury Room, which was a good size, designed well, and had a very comfortable bed. We particularly liked the separate dressing area near the bathroom -- there's nothing worse than tripping over your own luggage during your stay, and we had plenty of space to stow all of our bags in the ample closet. The bathroom was terrific, especially the rain shower.

Every staff member we encountered was warm, friendly, helpful, and knowledgable. The location -- right in the middle of Yorkville shopping and only blocks from the Royal Ontario Museum -- can't be beat. The hotel is also just minutes from two subway stations, making transport throughout the city very easy and efficient.

It's an expensive place to stay, but added perks like attentive service and complimentary wi-fi and non-alcoholic beverages from the minibar make it well worth the cost. I'd certainly stay here again and will recommend The Hazelton to friends traveling to Toronto.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ms. Bonnie S,

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

This was a favorite of mine and even more so my husband. He loves staying in smaller boutique hotels yet usually something is omitted to allow that 'ah ha' moment. In this case there were numerous 'ah ha's' with nothing omitted! The service employees entering the hotel were well mannered and the service provided impeccable as well as the lobby pristine. There is a wonderful bar off from the main lobby which we thoroughly enjoyed with the entire group. Our room was perfect in every way. We had a junior suite (not sure if that is how they list it) but the room was 220. View of back alley but wasn't concerned because we would not be in the room except for sleeping. All the employees were polite, courteous, efficient and friendly. Very clean 'all' the time also. Room service was excellent and loved the décor of the hotel/rooms. Can't wait to go there again!

Room Tip: Did not have the time to investigate the other rooms.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Yurika_H_Res_Mngr, Manager at The Hazelton Hotel, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Ms. Kathleen P

Northern New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

After having stayed at the nearby Park Hyatt several times (also a very good hotel), I decided to try the Hazelton Hotel over a weekend trip into Toronto, and can report back that it is one of the best run hotels I have ever experienced (and I have had the privilege of staying at some of the finest luxury hotels across the world). From the moment of arrival, to the time of departure, and to the most minute and seemingly inconsequential detail, the hotel sweats the small things and the staff simply cannot do enough to ensure you are having an exceptional stay in every possible manner. In my opinion, this is a hotel by which all others should be judged. If you can afford the rates, you cannot afford NOT to stay at the Hazelton. Top Shelf in Toronto!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Yurika_H_Res_Mngr, Manager at The Hazelton Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear topshelfplease,

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

I stayed at the hotel over labour day weekend. I came with my wife to visit my friend and stay the night. My plan was to check in for my wife and then head out for some drinks with my friend. After checking in around 21:00, we hung out in the room with a bottle of wine. I had booked a balcony room because I like fresh air in the morning. At about 22:00, my friend and I decided to head downstairs to the bar. Before I left I always make sure the room is secure. For the next 20 minutes my friend and I attempted to lock the balcony door. We found that we could lock the door from the inside but if you push from the outside, the doors would just open with little force. Apparently, the pin at the bottom of the stationary door was not dropping low enough to secure the door. We then proceeded to call the desk to ask for assistance. The person they sent was very professional and friendly but even after another 20 minutes, was unable to lock the door. Getting impatient and unwilling to leave my wife in a room where the balcony is attached to ten other balconies and doesn't lock, I asked for a room on the same floor without a balcony. If I remember correctly, my room was 214. They then moved me to 212 which surprise surprise, had another balcony. To be honest I was a little excited because I was going to have the opportunity to see if this problem with balcony doors was an isolated incident or a problem throughout the hotel. Again, this balcony door had the same problem. After trying over and over, I decided that I just want a room without a balcony anywhere because my wife was beyond tired and it was already 23:30. We were given room 312. This room had the same doors but no balcony. Confident that it was doubtful someone would Spider-Man their way down the wall and break in, we settled on the room.
Now, after waking up the next morning and still believing their is major security issue with this hotel, I called down to speak to the MOD (manager on duty) and report the problem. He politely assured me he would look into it and get back to me before I checked out. He never did.

The following Tuesday I made a call to the general manager and left a message. She called me back that afternoon. I then told her everything that happened. She was polite and professional and thanked me for my feedback and assured me that she would look into the issue.

I think my biggest issue is that she never called me back. I really like the hotel. Its perfect in every way but how am I suppose to feel comfortable staying their again after what happened? It would have been nice for the general manager or anyone to call me and say, Hey we made a mistake, the doors do lock but my staff aren't trained to lock our own doors. Or yes their is real security issue at this hotel and we are rectifying it.
So here i am, still unsure if the hazeltons balcony doors actually do lock from the outside. With all the celebrities I hear staying here, it's a wonder how they are not at all making an effort to assure me that this issue has been resolved. Maybe it's because I'm not a celebrity. :P

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank GodofGamblers
Dear GodofGamblers,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us.

Firstly, please accept our sincere apology for the delay in responding to you.

We have investigated our locks and they are working, however, we do realize that it is tricky to secure the lock. We are in the midst of retraining our staff to ensure we all have full knowledge in terms of how to lock properly.

Please be assured that your comments have been taken very seriously and it will be followed up accordingly.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.