“excellent room”
Review of The Hazelton Hotel

The Hazelton Hotel
Ranked #1 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stayed here with my daughter for a couple of nights - really excellent room and the bathroom and dressing area really was good - very thoughtful design.
We had a meal in the cafe area outside with was ok but the service wasn't great. Breakfast was average. Location is very good - lots of places to eat around and about.
So...overall this hotel scores well for its rooms but not so well for the rest - depends what you go for!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank carol643

Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

Perfectly situated next to some of the most chic restaurants and stores in town. The rooms are palatial. Free wifi. Amazing bathrooms. Great restaurant and bar. First class gym. Hard to top!

Good example of the service standards for business travel: I needed a new pitch book printed and bound on very short notice. The hotel staff turned it around in minutes. I will surely return both for business and for fun.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Charles R
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Wow, not much to say. The Hazelton just understand how to please their customers. Big rooms, very modern, clean as never seen before, comfy beds, great selection of pillows and REALLY good bathroom with good facilities.
I arrived early, around 6am. My room was ready, and first thing they said at the counter was "Welcome Mr. Skov-Jensen, it must have been a long flight, would you like a cold water?". It's a small things, but for me these things counts, A LOT.

I would absolutely go back. It's not cheap, but it's worth it. Location is unbeatable by the way.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank JeppeSJ
Reviewed January 7, 2013

The Hazelton hotel is is my favourite place to stay in Toronto. The rooms are BIG and luxurious, the food in the restaurant (Mark McEwan's "One") is off the hook and the atmosphere is A list. You feel as though you might run into a celebrity at any minute...and you might! But for me the most appealing thing about this great hotel is the helpful, courteous and knowledgeable staff. From front desk to doormen to housekeeping my interactions with everyone were great. I Highly recommend the Hazelton.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Yurika_H_Res_Mngr, Manager at The Hazelton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Dear Mr. Oliver G.

Thank you for the wonderful comments about your stay with us. Your feedback is welcome and inspiring for our staff to continue to strive toward service excellence.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Hazelton Hotel.

Kind regards,

Yurika Hinkle
Reservations Manager at The Hazelton Hotel

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Beautiful architecture in the trendy Yorkville area for those that know Toronto. My brother and I made a pitstop there as we were riding motorcycles cross country and this was a great place to recharge. The rooms were large, soaked up the surroundings as we parked and just walked to all the places around for the most part since everything is close. The big thing though was the pool. After 400 miles and hours of grit although a shower is nice, that huge heated pool was amazing. Afterwards we hit the connecting restaurant which I believe was a blend of steakhouse and other amazing food. The bottom line was that it was "the" place to meet everyone, as it packed up quickly with the a huge outdoor patio. Service was great. #1 place in Toronto.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank brickpaul12
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at the hotel in mid November. We were doing some Christmas shopping and also had my 7 month old grandson with us.

The staff at this hotel are truely first class. Everyone was extremely helpful from the moment we arrived until the moment we left. When we arrived in the HUGE room, they had a crib made up for my grandson with baby bath amenities and a little toy for him. So thoughtful!

I especially enjoyed the huge soaker tub in the bathroom. Very relaxing after a long day on your feet...and to be able to watch tv while in the tub made it that much better.

I would definitely reccommend this hotel and I will personally always choose this hotel when in Toronto. It is in the perfect location, with spectacular rooms and an excellent restaurant. You cant ask for anything more!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking Yorkville or Hazelton Avenue.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Debbie C
Reviewed December 7, 2012

This hotel does it right. Plain and simple. Superior service on all fronts. Adam at the front desk is a master of service and making you feel welcome.

Justin Bieber was there the same day as I and I felt just as important (minus the screaming teenagers out front).

Large rooms, spectacular bathrooms, great restaurant and bar, and superior location. This hotel is a wonderful boutique hotel that does not disappoint.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business