The Hazelton Hotel
Orbitz.com
$228
$215
  • Restaurant
All reviewsscreening roommark mcewanpillow menulobster spoonsheated floorsdressing areaboutique hotelfour seasonsroom servicethe general manageran amazing hotelnespresso machineyorkville areapleasure of stayingbathroom mirrorrooms are spacioussteam room
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Just returned from Toronto and stay at the Hazelton with my family of 5. Had a great time and in a perfect location! Everything about the stay was great except for the misinformation that we received from the concierge regarding the time to leave to the airport on our departure date. I specifically asked him about the bike event that resulted in one of the freeways being closed and whether or not we needed to leave sooner and he said it would not affect the time to get to the airport. It took us over 2 hours to get to the airport in a traffic jam even taking alternate routes! By the time we went through customs at a very confusing, slow airport (over 3 hours later) we arrived at the gate tired and frustrated just before the plane took off! It almost ruined a perfect vacation. The concierge at such a prestigious hotel should have known this. Great Hotel though....

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I was a long-standing (100 nights+) visitor at the Four Seasons across the street for years, but as the building became more and more tired, I just couldn't bring myself to stay there any more, no matter how lovely the staff were.

Finally bit the bullet and moved across to the Hazelton - what a lovely surprise. Great staff (front desk and concierge) and comfortable spacious contemporary rooms. Very glad I did. Great location - pool and gym a bit small and oddly located in the basement but fine for a quick workout.

Room had a lovely little balcony and even in December/January (I stayed 3 times in two months) it was nice to get a little fresh air.

Crowd in the bar in the evenings not exactly cool, but drinks and snacks were tasty, with quality champagne by the glass, which I think is rare in Canada.

It will be interesting to see how this property fares once the Four Seasons reopens down the street.

Room Tip: Rooms with balconies that face onto Hazelton Avenue (not Yorkville) are very nice.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Lovely small hotel ideally located in downtown Toronto. Rooms are luxurious, with comfortable beds, high end linens, and wonderful bathrooms. Service level is friendly, props and courteous. Hotel has great bar with late night scene. Great people watching. Hotel is not overly expensive given quality.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank WorldSnob55
Reviewed May 25, 2012

This hotel came highly recommended. The staff was very welcoming and extremely professional. The Concierge Desk was very helpful with directions and assistance. My room was a Luxury Deluxe with a balcony. The location of the hotel is great! The shops and restaurants are just a walk away! We had dinner at ONE Restaurant and the food was amazing! The ONLY downside during my stay was that it was Victoria Day (a holiday in Canada) and the restaurant ran out of fish due to the holiday. I managed to order the last of the Black Cod which was absolutely tasty. The Hazelton is Toronto's only five-star hotel in the city and I can see why. The Four Seasons Hotel which is moving down the street might give The Hazelton a run for its money, but I doubt it. The turn-down service is a nice touch; not only do they turn down your bed, but turn your plasma screen TV towards your bed; close your drapes (which are electronic by the way); place a towel at the foot of your bed and offer house slippers. The floors in the bathroom are heated also, so no cold feet in the AM! I highly recommend this hotel if you can afford it since you get what you pay for! I really can't say enough about The Hazelton. They also have a private screening room which is exceptional with seating for 25. I also heard their spa services are heavenly, but unfortunately I didn't have time to check it out. Please contact me if you need more info about this hotel. I highly recommend you stay there. I think they offer such outstanding service because the hotel is only 4 floors high. They have enough staff to accommodate everyone in a fast and timely manner; not like some high-rise hotels with inadequate staff.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, ask for a luxury deluxe room which is located at the front of the hotel. The hotel only have 4 floors. The remaining floors are for residents who live there.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Crystal G
Reviewed May 21, 2012

This is my first time ever leaving a review for anything. It was that good. The hotel is beautiful, clean and modern, very spacious but best of all was the service. Dean our concierge was sooo attentive and not to mention everyone else. The location is great. You can pretty much walk to everything. The hotel restaurant was one of the best meals I've had in my life. A bit pricey but worth every penny. I took my whole family there and we all fell in love with the Hazelton, in fact next time I'm taking our yorkie too. The hotel and surrounding area is very pet friendly. The only bad thing is when you have to leave, cause you don't want to.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family