“What a nice place to stop by”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of East Thirty-Six

East Thirty-Six
Reserve with OpenTable
East Thirty-Six is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #376 of 8,432 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: The restaurant and bar concept at East Thirty-Six focuses on house-made ingredients for craft cocktails and a creative menu of shareable dishes. Open daily, with a bustling night bar scene. Join us early for a quiet business dinner, or enjoy our late-night menu with live DJs on weekends. Cocktail Hour is daily from 4-7pm, offering $5 mixed drinks, $5 pints and $8 martinis. We also offer half-priced bottles of wine every Sunday, plus $1 oysters Monday - Friday (while supplies last).
Toronto, Canada
“What a nice place to stop by”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

few days ago, one of my friend suggested to stop at the restaurant.
Well located and very clean area

The staff is very welcoming and makes you feel like someone, just not a client (customer)

The food is actually very good, french style of course! i highly recommend it.

2 Thank Daniel_Savard

Toronto, Canada
“Amazing food - from start to finish”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

a new restaurant in the neighbourhood, the owners tended to us personally - started with cocktails, then had more cocktails - St. Germain personal favorite --- went with the special of barnacles! which were incredible - and the bone marrow with chicken liver parfait was so flavourful, we hollowed out the bone ---

the mains were delicious - i went with the octopus and she had the shortrib --- they change their menu frequently, so we will be sure to go back and check in

2 Thank uberwalrus
Waverley, Canada
“New and delicious!”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Recently opened "small plates" restaurant. Unusual and delicious options to choose from on their menu. Friendly staff and delicious drinks also. Close to St. Lawrence Market and other sites. Definitely worth a visit, even if just to relax and have a tasty snack.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank JeanYHZ
Toronto, Canada
“You will love everything and have a memorable time!”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I went to East 36 with a small group of friends. Immediately I was struck with the decor, it is chic and upscale but still welcoming. We tried several dishes and shared everything. The sweetbreads were out of this world, I also especially loved the pork balls (they have a fancier name I can't remember), the short ribs, bone marrow and the boudin blanc - it was all very flavourful and one of the best meals I've had, ever! The cocktail list is so hard to choose from, I wanted them all. Our server was so warm and attentive, I felt completely at home. For such a chic place, he was down-to-earth and approachable, a rare find. I would recommend going for a date, special occasion or with friends. I will be back for sure.

2 Thank Katie S
Toronto, Canada
“The olives were good, everything else was the pits ”
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I dined here on a Thursday night. Needless to say the moment we walked in I knew their was something wrong. The place was empty.
From the first two dishes it was down hill. The beets were not prepared properly, wilted green tops. The pork was cold. The halibut dry and the stock tasteless. Nothing we ate had seasoning, no salt, no freshness of herbs. We were so unimpressed that I told the waiter not to bother with the last three dishes we ordered. Even the wait staff was forgetful and not attentive. We ended our night going to another place up the street.
The only positive was the yummy cocktail I had but the wine list is better at Moxie's.
This place should just stick to the drink end of things