“Unbelieveable value for this price”

Canadas Best Value Inn Toronto
Ranked #82 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
New York
“Unbelieveable value for this price”
Reviewed November 12, 2009

Stayed in building that is separated from the main building. Looks new or newer, all contemporary design. Flat screen TV, rain shower, granite countertop, espresso-colored furnishings. Really felt like a more upscale hotel. The rate on the sign visible from the highway was $5 lower, but once we saw the room we were happy to pay the extra. Fantastic value for budget travelers to Toronto. Free wifi and parking.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank tccc12321

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Korean first
Quebec City
Reviewed April 26, 2009

I've been traveling on a budget quite a few times and this is by far the best quality/price ratio I've encountered. Be sure to ask for a room in the new non smoking area. Bring your laptop to enjoy free wi-fi internet access. Very friendly staff. Don't pay 35$ CND for a taxi ride to the airport, use their shuttle service for 5$. A few convenience stores in the vicinity, including a bigger Chinese food store. Go there, buy a little food and stuff the mini-fridge. Use the micro-wave to reheat pizza left-overs. A short bus ride (#123) will take you to the nearest metro station (Kipling). Big shopping mall at a walking distance. Cable TV with a lot of channels.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank _d4ve_w
Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed December 4, 2008

If you are a non-smoker be sure to ask for the new non-smoking only block just to the east of the main building. Situated between Evans Ave and the Gardiner Expressway, the location will be a bit noisy for light sleepers. The rate was okay for it's location in the city (CAD$69 + taxes). My room was equipped with a tub-sized shower enclosure but no tub and a very large secondary shower head that dripped freezing drops when the normal wall-mounted shower head was used.

I used this motel to stay for a friend's funeral. I wouldn't recommend it for a stay longer than a couple of nights. Single guys will have no trouble with it but couples and families can certainly pass this one by...

• Liked — Location within the city
  • Disliked — Build quality of room, strange plumbing fixtures.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank wardo99
Concord, California
Reviewed September 13, 2008

I wish I would have stayed somewhere else in Canada to see if this really is the best value. I payed 71.99/night even though the sign outside advertised rooms for 69.99/night. The clerk said it was because I had a previous reservation. Now that's value! It is a modern motel with most of the things you would expect. Mini-fridge, microwave, coffee in the lobby, hair dryer, HBO and wireless internet. It is located right next to the QEW but I got a room near the front so noise wasn't a problem. What I didn't expect was half a Molson in the fridge, someone else's socks in the drawer and crickets in the room. There may have been wireless internet but I never got the right log-in code from the staff. On the map the motel appeared close to downtown Toronto. It's not and there is nothing within walking distance. There is a brand new American style Mall and some strip mall shopping with McD's and Walmart and some other various mega chain food outlets. All of which are close by car near Queens Ways road.

It certainly was not the worst motel, but I question if it was the best value.

• Liked — Free HBO
  • Disliked — Crickets in the room.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank DDDRW
Charles Town, WV
Reviewed July 29, 2008

Where do I start?? After reading the reviews here and hearing good things from family about some Americas Best Value Inn, I booked 2 nights. We arrived in Toronto after being on the road for 14 hours. When I pulled in the parking lot I was a little concerned. Just didn't look like a great side of town. I got out of the car and noticed the bullet proof glass at the check in area. In my mind I am still remembering all the good reviews I had read. Trying not to judge a book by its cover. When we got to the room I had to put all of my weight against the door to open it. The room was a good size.

It smelled pretty musty.

Sat down on the bed and almost went to the floor. NO SUPPORT. My husband laid down on the other side and rolled right into me.

The toilet seat had to be held up while going to the bathroom.

The AC unit was nasty. When I went to turn the knob it came off in my hand. Couldn't figure out why it was not working, then my husband noticed it was not plugged in.

I called the front desk to inquire about the free wireless internet. I immediately began looking for another hotel.

When I found some other "deals" on the net. I went to the front desk to ask for a refund.

I don't know where to start. The clerk at the front desk said we had been in there for an hour, she can't refund my money. She went on to ask if the room had been "USED". UMMMM did we.....?? Nope had spent the hour looking for another room. I was willing to try another room in the hotel, but the clerks attitiude just got worse and worse. She wanted to inspect the room before she would give us a refund. When she followed us to the room and the bed was not in disarray, she continued with the attitiude. When we explained that we were tired and a good bed was one of the top priorities, she asked if the bed was the only problem.

Horrible customer service, not great location. Will not stay here again and will warn anyone I know heading to Toronto to not stay here!

• Liked — Free internet access (so I could find another hotel)
  • Disliked — Everything else!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank trugrad
hamburg
Reviewed June 29, 2008

I was really pleased to have found such a friendly, clean and above all well-priced hotel. All the Staff, were very very efficient, friendly and professional. If I needed anything it was there immediately.
No fuss just efficiency.

I will be travelling to Toronto again and it is here that I will stay,
I stayed 4 days in this hotel and left feeling like one of their family.

THANK YOU.

Beverley Proemper

• Liked — the friendly staff and the very clean rooms
  • Disliked — where it was situated
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank Beverley P
Camelford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 14, 2008

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights while awaiting our return flight to the UK. The room was very clean with a microwave and fridge and satellite TV. The bed was quite comfortable and the staff very helpful and friendly. There is high speed free internet access in the lobby area and the shuttle bus to the airport is very reasonable. This is not the Hilton or Sheraton but if you want a clean quiet place to sleep near to public transport, this is it.
RKL Chesterfield UK