Residence Inn Toronto Downtown/Entertainment District
$247
$219
Agoda.com
1,734 results
All reviewsfull kitchenentertainment districtcn towerrogers centrefree breakfasttwo bedroom suitesofa bedvalet parkingthe breakfast areasmall kitchenstove topdining tableblue jaysminute walkyogurtking streetsitting area
Reviewed July 22, 2014

My family stayed in Toronto for a "working" vacation....we attended a convention while doing family things in our down time.
The hotel is very conveniently located just a 5 minute walk from the Blue Jays ball diamond, 5 minutes to the CN tower, 5 minutes to the convention centre, 15 minutes (maybe less) to Union Station where you can catch the sub way, Via Rail train or the Go Train.
There was a hot breakfast each morning which was great, eggs, pancakes, oatmeal, muffins, cereal, toast....all the usual stuff.
The Staff were FANTASTIC, each staff member we had interacted with was very courteous, fast at what they do, knowledgeable....just great over all....
We had a 1 bedroom suite on an upper floor. The room was spacious, had a full kitchen including dishwasher,appliances, dishes etc. The furniture I didn't like, it was uncomfortable to sit and watch tv on the couch. The chair was in a permanent recline position which I found tough to use when just sitting and having a conversation, so I sat in the desk chair. There were 2 dressers to use and unpack which was nice as we were there for 5 days. The beds were horrible. after 2 nights I tried sleeping on the floor but that wasn't much better. My kids used the pull out, and a roll away. Both, we were expecting to be bad, only because most are, and these didn't disappoint, my kids didn't sleep well at all. None of us did. The beds kind of ruined our stay because we were tired the whole time. Thought of changing rooms, but I asked another member of our convention who was staying in the hotel too, and they said their beds were awful too....so I figured we'd just tough it out.
The bathroom had the tub and toilet in it. The space was small. Small that when you walked in you had to stand beside the toilet to close the door then step in front of it. The shower had no water pressure (I've got really thick hair) and we had trouble getting it to get hot, so it was luke warm showers for us. The staff cleaned the room each day but didn't do the shower walls, we noticed that on our 2nd day there, the grout in the shower which was a cream color was turning red and it stayed that way for the duration of our stay. There was a little bar area downstairs too, but we didn't use it so I cannot comment on that. There was a small store area too, that we used. You can get snacks, tooth brushes, anything you forgot...that kind of thing..was expensive though.
My kids used the hot tub and pool. For a hotel built up instead of out it was a decent little space. Over all our stay was ok, don't think I would do it again, but for this hotel, their staff is definitely their strong point.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Karen H, General Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Downtown/Entertainment District, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Thank you for your extensive review of your stay with us after celebrating five days attending the convention! It was wonderful to have the group with us and a joy to meet all of you and here about the fun you were all having.
My apologies for your lack of sleep and most certainly we would have rectiified the situation for you, had we known. If you have the time, please reach out to me, I would love the opportunity to dialogue one on one? I do hope you have the opportunity to return one day to the hotel and we will have completed a soft refurbishment by the end of the year.
Our team were elated to see your positive description of us in capital letters, thank you SO MUCH as they strive for service excellence 24/7 caring for you, our guest....we really do care!
With gratitude,

Reviewed July 22, 2014

My husband and I stayed here on the 15th floor in a King Suite.
We checked in by 1:30pm and it was fast and easy. Used valet parking at $40 per night and left car for there for the Sunday Blue Jays game for an extra $20. Really feel this should be included for the extra 2 hours on a 2 night stay.
Room was clean and tidy, bed comfortable. Fridge ice machice was broken, had to go down to desk to retrieve ice, reclining chair was broken otherwise everything worked well. Carpet requires cleaning.
Love having a full kitchen which included coffee, tea and popcorn. There is a grocery store within 5 min. walk or smaller one within 1 minute walk on corner. Starbucks is on corner also. Table for 2, loveseat, chair and desk along with bedside table and dresser with a swivel TV which could be watched from the living area or bed.
We requested a higher floor and ended up looking over the power station across the road but stil lhad a view of the CN tower.
Elevators are slow because are used by staff also. Lobby is very small. Breakfast free and full...eggs, bacon, cereal yogurt fruit, potatoes, juices, coffee etc. Seemed to be busy all morning due to full capacity of hotel. Staff are friendly and professional.
Workout room is small but clean and has eough equipment for 4 people to use. Pool is smaller than our backyard pool but clean with lots of towels.
Not a completely full service hotel but so convenient.
We have stayed in a 2 bedroom here and it was like a condo, great for families and long stays.
Will stay again.

Room Tip: High floor, south or west side away from power station
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review regarding your most recent stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed the extensive hot and cold breakfast buffet we offer, a great value for you and the family. All suites are receiving a refurbishment, including the carpet and hallways by the end of the year. Happy too that our location suited all your needs as we are right in the heartbeat of the city close to all attractions and a myriad of restaurants to suite any palette.
We look forward to your return and the opportunity for a personal welcome once again!
Thank you again and enjoy the rest of the summer.

Happy travels!

Kind regards,

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Very well situated. The staff was nice. The pool was clean but there were no towels. Our room was spacious and clean. WiFi worked well. We had however a terrible view of electrical equipment-turbine and wires. The breakfast was very good. Even if our view was bad, I would go back to this hotel and recommend it. It is not luxury but you get your money 's worth.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Karen H, General Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Downtown/Entertainment District, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and that your experience was a good one. The complimentary breakfast is a huge plus, with over sixteen hot and 18 cold items rotated day by day to keep a variety in our offerings and also healthy options.

We certainly look to welcoming you back over the coming months.

Once again thank you and I wish you a marvellous summer!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed July 20, 2014

I stayed here for a month in 2014. The staff is very hospitable and helpful. Suites are large
, equipped and very clean. 24 hours wifi connection, fridge, TV, dish washer, hot water, microwave, induction cooktop, hair dryer, towels.. Everything to make your stay comfortable. There's a pool and gym on 2nd floor. Laundry on every floor. It's close to St. Andrew station, CN tower, Ripley's aquarium, harbour front, lake shore, roger's centre. There are lot of food and coffee outlets, grocery stores at walking distance.
Just 2 things : carry your own toothpaste and bath robes.
My room had a view of CN tower which made my stay all the more special.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank SalouniK
Karen H, General Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Downtown/Entertainment District, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Super delighted that you enjoyed your month long stay with us. Certainly all the points you mentioned most concisely give further credence as to the attributes of the hotel and our wonderful team as we constantly strive for service excellence and the pride of being a Marriott!

I do hope you have the opportunity to return and enjoy the city in the coming months.

Have a wonderful summer and thank you from the bottom of our hearts for being with us!

Kind regards, Karen

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Positives - the room was clean and spacious. The staff were very helpful and friendly. It's in an excellent central position.

Negatives: We had clearly asked for a twin room and that had been confirmed. It's a request we have made in hotels over the world, and never had a problem. But at the Residence we were shown into a room with one double bed, and when we said no they .said that, to them 'twin' meant for two people (!), they had no rooms at that price with two beds, and offered to make up the sofa bed. That was OK in theory, but in reality the sofa bed a a thin, uncomfortable mattress. Fortunately we were only there one night - otherwise we would have had to argue for an upgrade.

Business centre: free, but as the computers kept crashing, that wasn't much use

Breakfast: the lay out was very confusing - I had to keep asking staff where things were. The worst thing, however, was the selection - I wanted eggs, but was amazed to discover the only eggs on offer were in the form of scrambled egg whites! I asked if there were whole eggs available - the answer was no. I am still bemused by this - I have never stayed in a hotel that didn't at the very least have whole egg scrambled eggs

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelquestLondon

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. In regards to your room selection we do not have any bedrooms with ttwo beds in. We only have one king bed or one queen bed in all our bedrooms, however there is the option to book a two bedroom suite whereby you would each have your own bedroom and bathroom.
the other option, as suggested, would be the sofa bed or a rollaway bed for the living area.
My sincere apologies for the lack of whole eggs, as we do offer them and that particular day our deliveries left with the eggs still on board. We did then dash to the nearest supermarket to buy eggs to rectify the situation. Again my sincere apologies for the lack of at that particular moment.
By then end of the year we will have all rooms with brand new sectional sofa-beds and the business centre also upgraded with new computers, as we continue with our refurbishment.
It was a pleasure to also read out your very positive comments on the cleanliness and spacious suites and our wonderful team, who are in the business of serving 'joy' to you, our trreasured guests!
Thank you again for being with us and many happy travels!
With gratitude, Karen