I stayed at this hotel on business in mid November 2012. The hotel is located just west of the main "core" - it was about a 10-12 minute walk to Yonge Street and 25 or so to the Eaton Centre. The nearest subway station is St. Andrew, and that was about a 6-minute walk. Things like the CN Tower, Union Station, theatres, etc. were just around the corner.
The most positive thing was the breakfast: it was excellent and included a wide selection of fruit, eggs and a meat, juice, tea, coffee, cereal and the wait staff were attentive; also included newspapers.
I used the business centre once to print a document and no complaints whatsoever.
The pool was closed the entire time for apparent emergency repairs; probably nothing they could have foreseen, but a bit disappointing.
The room I was in faced Wellington and I had no problems whatsoever with noise. The room was clean and well-stocked (but would have been nice to have a kettle or hot chocolate packets to go along with the tea/coffee - not a big deal), TV had a wide selection of channels and the housekeeping service was attentive.
A couple of minor quibbles: no garbage can/receptacle in the bathroom area that I could find, the bathroom light/fan couldn't be turned on individually, so it was a bit loud, and the ventilation/cooling fan aimed toward the bed (and was quite strong) so I had to turn it off to avoid getting wind chill, but then of course the room heated up.
Overall, a good choice - I paid $270/night (government rate) which seems like a reasonable price for downtown Toronto, but I have no basis to compare this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of the downtown entertainment district, near major businesses, restaurants and attractions. Steps to CN Tower, Ripleys Aquarium, Metro Convention Centre, Rogers Centre and the Bell Light Box. Residence Inn has perfected the extended stay experience offering 256 stylish, oversized studio, one or two bedroom suites with full kitchens and living areas. Enjoy a complimentary, full, hot buffet breakfast and a light supper social 2-3 nights a week, from 6-7.30pm. Relax in the hot tub or pool area adjacent to the state-of-the art fitness centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Marriott, Cancelon, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Residence Inn Toronto Downtown/Entertainment District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn By Marriott Toronto Downtown / Entertainment District Hotel
- Residence Inn Toronto Downtown
- Toronto Residence Inn