“Wish we could stay longer...”

Residence Inn Toronto Downtown/Entertainment District
Ranked #26 of 135 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Booked one night here online randomly because we didn't like the last hotel we stayed in in Toronto (Intercontinental). Wanted two extra nights but Toronto is booked out so sadly can only have one night art this lovely place. Desk staff were great, especially Dwight; room is luxurious king studio with a full size, well-equipped kitchen; hot buffet breakfast with lots of options is included as is free WiFi and cable internet. Pool is small but clean and warm and gym is well-equipped. The hotel offers all kinds of lovely extras for free like social evenings and grocery shopping (you pay for the groceries!) The management here has really thought about what it is that makes travelling pleasant and comfortable. We want to move in. We would certainly stay here again when next we visit Toronto.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,715)

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I have stayed at the Marriott Residence Inn at this location many times but have never left a review. Every time I have stayed at the property (twice or three times a year for the last five years) it has been a delight to be there. The desk staff are always welcoming and say hello when they see you; breakfast is small but there is something for everyone (though they should add bacon, my breakfast staple) and you can't beat free wi-fi.

The rooms are well appointed and spacious; on this particular occasion we traveled with friends to spend the evening and attend the Toronto Christmas Market and there was more than enough space for us all and it was great to be able to come back and enjoy some free popcorn in our room while we watched a movie.

The only thing I don't care for is how the valet works, having to pull to a stop on Wellington Street to unload bags is a hassle especially during peak traffic times. If you want to park yourself there is a cheaper option in the parking garage just behind the hotel; I think it's about $25.00 for overnight parking which beats Marriott's $40.00 any day.

Room Tip: Higher floors facing the CN tower offer a great view and it's much quieter than the rooms that f...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank stephasaurus
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Residence Inn by Marriott Toronto Downtown is my first hotel outside my home country. Its very good hotel, very nice breakfast, and good service.
The most important is the location is perfect. Residence Inn by Marriott Toronto Downtown is near everything. Its near entertainment district, lake, business district, mol, shopping centre, restaurant, etc.
I would like to stay there next time in different occasion.

Room Tip: Second floor is perfect for me
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Denli_Denli
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Modern property in a very convenient location close to many restaurants and entertainment venues, including the concert hall and the baseball stadium. Spacious suites with equipped kitchenette including coffee maker, very comfy bedding,big flat screen TV, easy chair, couch,etc.
Excellent breakfast buffet included, early evening light meal several weekdays. Staff helpful and friendly. Very very clean property (smokefree).

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank hagen22
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Overall, I am so pleased with this hotel.

Parking: This hotel only offers valet parking. The valet retrieved my car quickly every time, and they are very polite and also, appreciative when I tipped them.

Location: This hotel is located on the LEFT side of a One Way street. It's great because the hotel is always on my left. The hotel is 1/2 way between the harbor and Chinatown.

Room: I was in room 1909, and the room has a view of the CN Tower to the right of the room, an electrical looking plant below, a building in front, and tall buildings to the left. The room feels so clean that I wasn't worried going bare foot. The decor looks much more expensive and luxurious than the ones I stayed at in the U.S. If you are going to use the knives in the room, please be careful. I cut my finger when
Handwashing a knife.

Service: Someone wrapped up the sprinkler in my room with a plastic bag. I was surprised that housekeeping didn't see it. I didn't have my room clean during my 3 night stay. My 2nd night, I called housekeeping and she brought up towels, toiletries, etc... as requested and took out my bag of trash. She was so friendly. My 3rd night, they came up to take out another bag of trash, and again, I got consistent friendly service. A++ for housekeeping.

Receptionist: The check-in process was simple and fast. I don't recommend asking them to break US dollars. I needed change for a $10 USD, and she gave me $9 CAD, and the exchange rates was $1 USD = $.98 CAD.

Breakfast: As always, very pleased with their breakfast selection. The bacon was perfectly cooked. I had a chocolate muffin that was
moist. The cranberry was good, too.

Gym: My sister used the treadmill. She commented that one is new and one is older and no working.

Petfriendly: I traveled with my little puppy. They gave us a welcome doggy bag that no other Residence Inn that I stayed at had done. The doggy bag has a medium and a large dog biscuit, and a roll of poop bag with a bone shaped dispenser, a very nice and thoughtful gesture, much appreciated. Pet fee is $100 per stay.

If I go back to Toronto, I would stay here again. The neighborhood feels safe, and there are nearby coffee shops, grocery stores, gas station, restaurants, etc... very convenience. Like all cities, I don't recommend wandering around when dark. I found the Toronto crime report and most robberies, attacks, etc.. happened at night.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

We stood at this location because it was near the Rogers Centre in downtown Toronto. This hotel is great. The rooms are very cozy and clean. Service is great and the free breakfast is incredible. Not to mention the bartender at this hotel is a great magician that kept my me fascinated all evening. There are many restaurants,lounges bars, and shops all within walking distance. The Roger Centre where the e Jays play is a three block walk.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank richrod212
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I really like this hotel. It is the second time i have been here - big rooms, with sittng areas and kitchens, great breakfast. close to everything. I am now making it my official hotel when i come to vidsit toronto

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business