“Enjoyable meal in a large well planned restaurant.”

Scaddabush Italian Kitchen & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Scaddabush Italian Kitchen & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 8,722 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: We’re inspired by Italian passion and generosity. We like tables crowded with friends and family. Style without attitude. And of course, excellent cuisine. In true Italian fashion, we rely on fresh ingredients. Our pasta is made fresh in-house daily, as is our mozzarella.
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Our server told us it first opened in Feb 2014. It reminded us of a combination of some of the large Italian chain restaurants in the USA.

Although the address is 382 Yonge Street, Unit #7. It is actually on the north side of Gerrard and you enter about 75 meters west of Yonge. You won't see it on Google Maps street view as it is part of the new Aura Condo building (tallest residential condo building in Canada).

The owners are www.sircorp.com which also own the two restaurants on either side of Scaddabush - Reds wine bar and Dukes.

Scaddabush is a large restaurant and looks like large groups are a primary target.

The pasta is made fresh daily on site (except for a few items like whole wheat). I am not a big fan of this type of pasta but it is nice once in a while. They offer a handmade mozzarella cheese appetizer which you can watch them make - we made it back to the kitchen just as they were finishing ours so we did not see the whole process - it did taste excellent and will order it again.

The wait staff are very good - although they seemed over qualified for their positions (i.e. lots of education).

We really liked that sircorp is not greedy and has wines starting at a reasonable $1 per ounce.

Overall if you have a party of two or a large group, you will enjoy yourself.

There are newer reviews for Scaddabush Italian Kitchen & Bar

Reviewed April 16, 2014

We visited this restaurant in March 2014, based on a recommendation from the doorman at Marriott. Scaddabush is part of three restaurants recently opened at Gerrard and Yonge, Reds being right on the corner.
Anyway - fresh mozzarrella! fantastic. You won't even Not think about getting this, because you're watching it being made! and it is wonderful.
While I have never, ever in my life gone out of my way to eat squash (yuk) - I'd give a lot right now for another serving of Scaddabush Zucca - squash filled ravioli (did I mention that the pasta is made on site, of course?) with a hazelnut butter cream sauce....it was fabulous
It's also notable that from a vegetarian point of view, the menu has lots and lots of spectacular options.
The service was out of this world (not over the top)! Delightful serving staff, cooks, bartenders and managers. We were treated like Andrew and Kate!
Next time I'm in Toronto, this is where I will go again. Highly recommended..

Reviewed April 16, 2014

A real gem, the pizza is fab and you get some amazing scissors to cut it with.
The staff are amazing- well worth a visit.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

We decided to try this new restaurant yesterday on the recommendation of a colleague and we enjoyed it very much. The portions were nicely sized with a choice of small, large or social platters (4-6). We had the Large Caesar which was more enough for 3 and the Large Penne Arabiatta which was enough for my husband, daughter and me to share. There were huge melty globs of homemade mozzarella in the pasta which were delicious. The Charity Bread (so called because some of the proceeds from its sale are donated to charity) was infused with garlic and olive oil and topped with parmesan, and also delicious. Our server was very attentive. Overall, we were very happy with the food and would definitely go back.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

We chose this restaurant as the menu looked interesting. The food was good, not great. The most memorable item was the fresh mozzarella appetizer. The staff was very very good and the restaurant décor was interesting to look at. BUT the noise level was intolerable. They have a d-jay playing music so loud that it was very hard to to hear my table mates nor could I hear our server explain the menu to us. We would have walked out but it was getting late so we stuck it out.

I am guessing that they are trying to attract the younger crowd, but they are eliminating anyone over 30 who tend to have more money to spend. The only reason I am giving 3 stars is that the staff there was excellent. I won't be going back though unless they turn down the volume.

1  Thank SueOntario