“In the heart of Toronto”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Baldwin Village Inn
Ranked #18 of 115 Toronto B&B and Inns
Massapequa, New York
“In the heart of Toronto”
Reviewed August 22, 2010

What a wonderful stay I had at Baldwin Inn. I stayed there with my friend and we felt right at home. The room was clean and comfortable, with a view of the quaint patio out back. Roger and Tess were great hosts, the best hosts I've had at any B&B. The breakfast was great, there is a variety of things to choose from, including bagels, cheese, fresh fruit and eggs. There are shared washrooms, but this was not an issue during my stay. The washrooms were kept tidy and also had shampoo, conditioner, and body wash.

The location of the B&B is another great asset to the inn, the location is central to many great attractions, including the CN Tower, museums, shopping, and restaurants.

If I am visiting Toronto again, I will certainly return here!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank roseyork

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed August 10, 2010

I can't agree more with previous viewers - Tess and Roger have been most accommodating on my stay. I stayed there a few nights on my own and I have never felt more at home. Basically a "home away from home". The place is clean and quiet, and has restaurants lining the street also making it quite a convenient place to be staying.

As to the reviewer on bed bugs - honestly sounds more like you had a case of crabs then anything.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank pworldtrotter
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed August 7, 2010

Being a Canadian who has lived for the past several years overseas, I have come across various hotels, motels, guesthouses and B&Bs. This B&B stands out. Previous to my arrival to Toronto, I was quite the weary traveller, however staying at Baldwin Street Inn, I was given a warm and genuine welcome by my down-to-earth hosts. The timing could not have been better as I really felt at home. I stayed in two rooms, one large room and one small one. It is worth paying the extra for the larger room as I was travelling with a lot of luggage and being of ample size myself, the extra space is worth it. The larger room that I had better privacy while the smaller one was near the public computer and at times could heat the clacking sounds of happy internet surfers. I would return to this B&B in a heart beat!.
The location is ideal! To get a place in this neighbourhood at such fab prices is the tops. Take your time and explore the neighbourhood with its great coffee shops and restaurants.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank ottawafella
NANAIMO
Reviewed August 3, 2010

Having travelled to Toronto on businesss monthly since 2005, I could not have been more delighted to finally find the Baldwin Village Inn during my trip to Toronto in March of 2010. Since then, I have spent over 20 nights as a Baldwin guest during 3 different trips, and I am booked through to the end of this year for every upcoming month of my travels.
The hosts, Roger and Tess, have created a warm and welcoming sanctuary in the midst of one of the most beautiful neighbourhoods in the downtown area. The quaint Victorian home, with 8 guest rooms and several bathrooms, exudes a tranquil, friendly, yet private atmosphere, from the moment of arrival onwards. At breakfast-time, guests can enjoy conversations with fellow travellers from around the world, or they can find a more private time to dine, either before or after the others have their meal. For the balance of the day, the house is very quiet and private, both inside and out. There is a beautiful garden to enjoy out back and a nice porch and sitting area out front to rest upon and watch the comings and goings on the diverse and interesting street-front.
Fabulous restaurants abound -- there are over 30 restaurants in a one block radius from the Inn, most of which offer excellent food and great value! Some have a prix fixe menu for just $25 for dinners that include an appetizer, then a dinner of steak, seafood, pasta, fish etc., followed by a homemade tasty dessert. I rarely eat away from Baldwin Street during my visits, since it's nice to "come home to the Inn" after my business day ends and then just walk to dinner.
Truly, I have felt like an honoured guest on each visit. In June, I was there for 14 nights, and my partner, who is Chinese, joined me that trip. I am Caucasian and can absolutely say that our hosts welcomed both of us equally, as they do with one and all.
I saw two reviews below that were utterly unfair. To call Roger and Tess racist is almost unbelievable, since they are so very friendlly and welcoming. And to suggest that there are bugs in this home is just wrong. I was there for an extended stay in June and I have never seen anything of the kind. And since I am aware of that problem in large cities, I am always watching out for it. I wouldn't be comfortable if there were any bugs at all, never mind bedbugs!! The truth is that the cleanliness of the Inn is outstanding!
In closing, I would say that I have stayed in B & B's all over North America, and although many are very pretty, often they do not private the balance of friendliness, privacy, value and homey-ness that I desire. The Baldwin is the best value I have seen and the hosts are starting to feel like part of my extended family. I should also add that there are several other regular guests who clearly enjoy the Baldwin as much as I do, and regularly congratulate themselves on finding such a nice place to come back to again and again.
Give yourself a treat and try the Baldwin Village Inn when you are next in Toronto!!! And even if you're a resident Torontonian, it's a great place to stay for a downtown holiday.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
5 Thank Mary E M
mount pleasant
Reviewed July 4, 2010

i was attacked by the biggest bedbug i have ever seen which attached itself firmly to a part of my body that should remain unviolated.
it was frankly disgusting. don't go there.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
95 Thank whirledwanderer
BaldwinInn, Owner at Baldwin Village Inn, responded to this review, August 2, 2010
As inn-keepers we are well aware of the growing problem of bedbugs in hotels and other public places in North America. Since the start of our Inn almost four years ago, pest control has been one of our top priorities. Pest control professionals regularly visit our Inn to ensure that is totally free of bedbugs or other pests. Our staff members are trained to spot any signs of pest infestation including that of bedbugs. At no time either before or after this review have we ever had a single complaint or any sign in our Inn of bedbug infestation.

Our basic philosophy as owners and managers is that we provide our service with quality, honesty and integrity. We are a small inn but have accommodated more than 4,000 guests over the last 4 years, many of whom are repeat guests or referrals from former guests. The high ratings in Trip Advisor, in various published travel guides, and the large number of repeat guests and referrals demonstrate we have been successful in providing a quality service to our guests that we can be proud of. We would not accept anything less.

Tess and Roger
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed June 4, 2010

It´s highly reccomendable. The rooms are confortable (there are not so big, but clean and the bed is great) and the hospitality of the host is valuable. He guides us in our way through Toronto. The location is good and peaceful, not so far from downtown, and near some good cheap restaurants.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Adtamaki
Reviewed May 27, 2010

This place is 15mins from downtown. Super clean, nicely located, the owners are super friendly and very helpful. If I ever come back to Toronto I will try to book a room here again.

Stayed May 2010, traveled on business