“WARNING - DO NOT STAY AT THIS "HOTEL"”
Review of Central Hotel

Central Hotel
Ranked #63 of 102 Specialty Lodging in Toronto
Toronto
“WARNING - DO NOT STAY AT THIS "HOTEL"”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I've never stayed at this "hotel", but I am quite familiar with it - this is a "hotel" used by crack addicted prostitutes and drug dealers to ply their trades. Every room is infested with bugs and the building itself is the scene of many violent crimes - on a weekly basis!

If you are travelling to Toronto from anywhere in the world, be aware that you get what you pay for.. $59/night for a hotel in the downtown core gets you this garbage.

DO NOT STAY HERE AT ALL COSTS.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank TOtravellers51

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
England, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This hotel came up on a hotel comparison website as the cheapest option for a double room, offering a central location in Toronto city. Too good to be true? YES!

When we arrived at the the run-down looking hotel on Church Street, we were greeted by the receptionist who asked if we would like to see the hotel before we paid - this was a sign of what was to come! We walked up to our room along dirty and unsafe looking corridors to find the worst hotel room I have ever seen. Plastic bags covering the windows and a very dirty bathroom.

Believe the other reviews on here and do yourself a favour - DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL!!

Room Tip: Do not book here!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank dongfang10
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed June 3, 2012

i found myself stuck in toronto and was looking for cheap accomidations for a few nights.The only place in the city that had vacancy was dundas square hotel. Although the hotel looked unsafe and dirty i didnt have much choice and i paid the 3 nights upfront i didnt want to but they said if i didnt i might not be able to book another night. They said the only room they had avalible was in the basement, so i took it. They walked me to my room in the basement because the lights in the hallway wernt working and they used a flashlight. I would have fell down the sairs if they didnt warn me that the step was boken. My room turned out to be the storage room and had a number of mattresess against the wall as well as extra funiture, I didnt have a bathroom downstairs so i had to go upstairs and use the staff bathroom to shower and everything. The tv in me room had no cable so i got one chanel. It was in feb. that i stayed so it was very cold out my room was so clod that i had to sleep with winter coat and layer my clothes or i would have froze to death. They did give me a little space heater that didnt even work. In the morning when i woke up and had a shower (in the staff bathroom the door also didnt lock) i noticed little red dots all over my body. Thats when i realized i had been EATEN by bed bugs my whole body was covered from head to toe. When i brought this up to staff and showed thrm the marks on my arms and legs, The had the nerve to tell me that i must have gotten it from another motel that i had stayed at. They completely denied that there motel was dirty or unsafe. I checked out right away, they did return my money for the two nights that i didnt stay, but refused to refund my money for the night i did stay after arguing with the staff for half hour i left for the hospital to get bites looked at, the hospital confirmed that they were bed bug bites. I have never been so discussed in my life. I am ashamed that my goverment even allows hotels like that to operate. I know there are health codes and health inspectors and the fact that they allow this place to stay open is an outrage and embarrassment to my country. After i got home i looked up the hotel website and was even more discussed to see that the pics on the website is nothing like what the p[lace is really like. PLEASE EVERYONE READING THIS DO ME A FAV AND DONT EVER STAY HERE U WILL GET BED BUGS. Oh forgot to mention i think every drug dealer in the city of toronto stays there i was afraid of getting shot!!!!!!!!!! i wish i would have taken pics of my storage room

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
10 Thank tracy k
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 6, 2012

This is the most disgusting hotel I have ever stayed at.
I took pictures for all you to decide for yourself.
Very unsafe & dirty.
Absolutly Not suitable for families.

Spend the few extra dollars and go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Look at the rooms before you part with any money. Don't book & pay for this hotel in advanc...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
9 Thank BeautifulCANADA
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 21, 2011

This was the most disgusting place that i have ever stayed. Only i had to pay for it cash before I would have walked. I have seen better buildings demolished. The Canadian authorities should not allow this hotel to operate. The room was smelly , the plaster was coming off the wall, no curtains, stains on the carpets, the sheets where clean that's all. I know i should have checked this site first. We all learn the hard way. CLOSE THIS HOTEL AND PULL IT DOWN!!!!!

Jim from Northern Ireland

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
7 Thank jim michael A
Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed August 9, 2011

In the middle of a heat wave, first of al it sucked to not have any cool air in the building other than the fan in the entrance. Stains covering the walls, stains covering the floors, stains in the shower, stains in the sink, stains on the blankets, and stains on the sheets. If you don't mind the smell of drugs all night and people talking and/or fighting, then it's an ok sleep. Don't go if you have a car, you'll have to wake up at 6am to pay for more parking time since that's the starting point for a new day of parking there. It was the worst sleep I've ever had. Loose wires coming from the walls, the phone wasn't even plugged into the wall. Want to open a window? nope, it's got a bar bracing it closed. Don't go here, there's better nicer places for reasonable prices in the city

Room Tip: just down the street there's another Hostel, and it's very nice and has a full staff.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Poprocks01
Toronto
Reviewed April 25, 2011

My experience there was good. Yes plenty seedy characters but nobody said anything. The management cooperative. The sheets were clean the attached bath to the single room on the 3rd floor was reasonable, hot water, and everything working. A clean towel provided, rolls of toilet paper, i.e. all the basics for a basic price. I hauled my own luggage up and down the narrow staircase. Checked my email on the common desktop at ground floor.

Room Tip: The wifi signal does not reach the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business