“Great place..poor service!”
Review of Panorama - CLOSED

Panorama
More attraction details
Owner description: From this 51st-floor perch above Bloor and Bay, visitors can see north and south for 241km (149 miles) -- at least on a clear day. Go for the lit skyline and the Latin music. Arrive early if you want a window seat.
Oakville, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great place..poor service!”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

This place is absolutely gorgeous, from the entrance of the actual building, your ride up the elevator and the way the entire atmosphere hits you upon the opening of the doors! The moment you enter you enter, your greeted by very friendly staff, to a buzzing, well-lit, modernly decorated ambiance. The food was awesome, we went for just drinks and appetizers but were very pleased with the freshness and efficiency of the waitress. The view is to die for, the all around glass makes it truly unique/breathtaking. The only downfall I would say would be the actual difficulty in getting reservations, we booked online through the website, and had to call almost three times ourselves to confirm. We were given the speech about the fact that there could still be a potential wait, regardless of the fact that we were calling for reservations specifically. It's a great place, but the communication for the reservation was tiring and tedious.. I would go back if this downfall improved!

1 Thank _TaveR90

Manchester, England
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Outstanding views”
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Very pleasant bar with incredible views of downtown Toronto. It was a fantastic venue for our first night drinks in the city! The waitress was very attentive but then did get a massive tip from our enormous bill!!!! Not a cheap night out!

Visited September 2013
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Horrible Service”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

went to Panorama to celebrate my birthday. I would not recommend this place AT ALL. I had made reservations so we got our table right away. The server took over twenty minutes to come to our table. We had to ASK for menus before we received them. The food was mediocre and nothing special at all. We ordered the pizza, chicken entre, and ravioli (only got like 5 pieces). They make the place seem like its pretentious, but yet give their guests a paper napkin! What happened to a nice cloth napkin? My friend brought a cake, which they charged $25.00 as their ‘platting fee’. I am pretty sure the server didn’t plate it for us but simply brought out the cake and some plates. Not to mention she threw away the box, so we were forced to pack the leftover cake in a small take out container. Horrible service.

The only thing that is great about this place is the view.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank Ali B
Toronto
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Poor service, average food, great review”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Went there to get dinner and was seated at the bar to wait. Didn't think that waiting would entail thirty minutes given that many tables on the on patio (four seats) were unoccupied. Waited another fifteen minutes to get a poorly made drink that cost 13$. When we were finally seated we had a beautiful view of downtown Toronto. We ordered caprese ravioli and it looked like something that came out of a can. Our nacho's were alright though, but those are fairly hard to mess up.

2 Thank Lucy M
Toronto, Canada
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 155 helpful votes
“A former customer who will NEVER return”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I have been going to the Panorama for 15 years. I have taken business clients there and dropped thousands of dollars, going up to 5 figures in what I have spent there.

I went tonight, and the snotty woman wanted a 5 dollar cover charge to go up to their bar. The bar is decent and the view is excellent, but given the prices, I wont pay a cover.

So I took my wife and we drank our bottle of champagne at the roof top bar at the Park Hyatt Hotel and the five dollar per person cover went into the pocket of our professional waiter on top of the regular tip he was due anyway.

Next time I have high level clients that I will rack up bar bills that hit the $1000 level, I can tell the management of the Panorama that they not need to worry about me throwing out the Platinum AMEX in their bar.

Avoid this favela at all costs. This is 2013, this is Toronto and this is not Studio 54.

6 Thank Feyenoorder