“A must for families!!”

Young People's Theatre
Ranked #162 of 536 things to do in Toronto
More attraction details
Owner description: Young People's Theatre (YPT) is the oldest professional theatre company in Toronto and is a national producer and presenter of theatre for young audiences - the first and largest of its kind in Canada. Over the past 50 years YPT has staged many of the most important plays that form the canon of work for youth in our country. The enriched learning experiences of YPT's Education & Participation Department also provide young people with opportunities to develop their whole being. At Young People's Theatre we strive for a positive and lasting impact on the emotional, social, and intellectual development of young people - giving them the chance to grow into the unique and wonderful people they were born to be.
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Some of my fondest childhood memories are visiting Young Peoples Theatre. My grade school did annual visits to the theatre and I vividly remember watching The Diary of Anne Frank, Jacob Two Two and Helen Keller.
Now with two young children of my own I am so thrilled this theatre is still around and has not changed (although it briefly changed its name to the Lorraine Kimsa Theatre for Young People...it is now back to the original Young Peoples Theatre), the theatre is still wonderful and entertaining for both parents and kids. It is wonderful to see my boys as excited as I used to be. We just watched The Studio (Oct 1, 2011) a wonderful contemporary dance production, my 3 year old was dancing around the living room afterwards. We are very excited about the upcoming Suessical- a musical based upon Dr Seuss books (Dr Seuss is huge in our house!).
I would strongly recommend YPT to anyone with kids!

5  Thank DerbyRam23