“Absolutely Moving and Inspirational..A Must See”

Famous People Players Dinner Theatre
Ranked #1 of 88 Concerts & Shows in Toronto
More attraction details
Owner description: This group mounts unique, visually fantastic "black light" shows. Famous People Players is renowned not just for the quality of its shows, but also for bringing out the creative potential in performers with disabilities. The price of the show includes a four-course dinner.
Toronto, Canada
“Absolutely Moving and Inspirational..A Must See”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I was treated by my cousin for my birthday and we were seated at Table#1 which was a lovely booth. The food was amazing and well presented not only on the plate but by willing and smiling servers who love their job. After dinner we were entertained in the theatre by the talented puppeteers who had so much spirit that came thru in their performance. I am so moved by the experience that I plan on taking a group of friends as well as encourage my group to donate funds towards this worthy organization. there is a lesson to be learnt from the team who cooked, served and performed and you have to be there to understand. Kudos Diane. See you soon Melanie N

Visited March 2014
Diane D, Owner at Famous People Players Dinner Theatre, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor! Famous PEOPLE Players is thrilled you came out and had a wonderful time. We appreciate that you shared your experience on Trip Advisor. We look forward to entertaining you again sometime in the near future!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Aurora, Canada
“A Joyous Occasion!!”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I have to say I have heard of the Famous People Players but have never experienced it. My mom, myself and my daughter attended the Going Bananas Dinner Show over this past March Break. I was not prepared for all the intense emotions I felt during my time spent there. The dinner was delicious and artfully presented, the serving staff were delightful, friendly and dedicated to providing a wonderful dining experience for us. Diane's mother walked around and spent quite a bit of time at our table chatting with us. The show itself was outstanding. How did they do that was the question I kept saying to myself after each number. The music was amazing and the talent of the performers was beautiful. I cried when towards the end of the number some of the cast were spotlighted and spoke how the Famous People Players had affected their lives and belief in themselves. After composing myself, we went back into the beautiful dining room to enjoy a beautiful dessert and coffee experience served by the delightful performers who had just stepped off the stage. It was truly a life changing evening for me. I have booked my class to go before the Going Banana show ends in May. I urge everyone to go and see for yourselves how awesome the experience is. Wendy

“Uplifting and entertaining”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I first attended a show with my son's kindergarten class, and fell in love with the show immediately. My son and I then took my nephew for his 6th birthday. Lunch was delicious, and staff were polite, pleasant and very helpful. The show was a feast for the eyes!!!! Both kids and adults will enjoy this experience. Have an open mind/heart and be prepared to walk out happy, and very satisfied.

Milton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“FPP''s Awesome Talents !!”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We have just returned from the lunch theatre, and it was awesome ! In our party of six ,three had seen the Famous People Players ,years ago. This is a production that gets better with time.
The food was great. I learned what a watermelon radish looks and tastes like. ( I'll be on the look out at markets for it.) Service...impeccable. Nice to have the photos spanning the last 40 years of the history... The show ! It always amazes me , the talent hidden away , that bursts through , onto the stage !
If you've never been...GO !! You'll be warmly welcomed, fed a wonderful meal , and be entertained. You'll also leave, with a little more spring to your step , and a new respect for what those with, and without 'special needs' , can really do, when given a path to walk.

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Experience!”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I've attended this theatre a few times with family and friends. We've never been disappointed. Today we celebrated my mother's 91st birthday there. It will be a day to remember. The food was excellent and the staff was very accommodating and friendly. She especially liked meeting Mary Thornton, Diane's mother who turned 98 in February and is still very active in the theatre. She is a real inspiration to us all! The shows are very well done. The puppets and music are fabulous and it's truly amazing how the actors can run around on the stage in the dark and not run into each other! I recommend this dinner theatre to young and old alike. There's something for everyone! Thank you FPP for an amazing experience!