“Amazing Food, Atmosphere and service!”
Review of La Cubana

La Cubana
Ranked #401 of 8,722 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: West End
Reviewed July 26, 2014

I had my anniversary dinner with my boyfriend here last night and I was quite impressed, we'd walked by it a few weeks ago while in the area and decided we'd try it out...There was a 25 min wait for a table (per the hostess) but she took our name and # and within 15 min had sent us a text saying our table was ready, service was great! our waitress took the time to explain the different items on the menu and we ended up ordering the Cod Croquetas with the black bean and chirizo soup along with the Pineapple Glazed Pork Belly sandwich and the molasses pork shoulder dinner with rice and beans and fried plantain...the flavors in the sandwich were incredible, the pulled pork so tender and the rice and beans almost as good as the authentic home made ones i had when i was in Cuba!

Now for dessert OMG! the Chocolate Natilla and home made doughnuts were simply delicious (especially when you pop open the doughnut and put the Natilla inside....mmmmmmmmmm.....LOL! add in the Cafe con Leche and I was in heaven!!!!

This is a really nice, friendly atmosphere, the price is worth the food and I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for real good Cuban food!

There are newer reviews for La Cubana

Reviewed July 22, 2014

If you are looking for well priced yummy eats this is the place! The main courses are great, but personally I like ordering a few apps for sharing instead. There is a great selection and not one I don't like. Yes, I have been here a few times.
The only real issue I have with this place is it is hard to get a table sometimes. I recommend going early or late in the evening.

PS - Do not forget to have the key lime pie for desert!

Reviewed July 19, 2014

We had been meaning to try this place for sometime and today was the day. It's a very cute restaurant, clean and the patio is awesome, especially since it's NON SMOKING - Yah! It was also covered so we could enjoy brunch even while it was raining.

Brunch was great with lots to choose from and delicious. The cafe con leche was amazing - yum. Friendly servers but one small negative - service was sloooooooow. We are not impatient people, but we had to wait a fairly long time for someone to even take our drink order (and it wasn't that busy with lots of servers) and ended up ordering drinks and food at the same time.

Not the end of the world, but service and speed are key to an overall experience and making the customer feel cared for. La Cubana may have received an Excellent rating, had our intitial service upon arrival been a little faster.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

I am not usually a short rib fan BUT their pulled short rib sandwich has me anxiously awaiting a return visit. The combination of excellent meat, spicy flavor, slaw and yummy bun make this reasonably priced sandwich the complete package. Friendly staff, relaxed atmosphere and reasonably priced menu has something for everyone.

Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

Great food ...decently priced! Had the fish sandwich and it was excellent and flavorful. Also ordered the squid & empanadas and it was all great. I don't really war squid/octopus but I decided to try it and it was quite enjoyable. Service was good, food was good & the atmosphere was nice just to hang out. I would definitely go back