Gladstone Hotel
$180
$169
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewstower suitemelody barartist designed roomswest queen westart exhibitsantique elevatorunique hoteloperated elevatorqueen streetcool hotelfourth floorstreet noiserooms are smallmain floora great place to staylight sleeperthe entire hotel
Reviewed May 17, 2010

I was looking for a last-minute place to stay on the tail end of a business trip. I wanted to try something different in downtown Toronto, and the Gladstone caught my eye on this site. Although is was a little more away from the heart of downtown than I would have liked, it was a beautiful building with a great staff. I had the "biker" room....although small, it was still nice--and quiet. It made me want to go knocking on other guest's doors to see what the other rooms looked like. I especially loved the parlor-like design outside of the rooms. My only complaint was that the hotel bar closed very early (11PM) the night I was there :-(

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 17, 2010

The Gladstone is one of my favorite places to stay in Toronto. The rooms are uniquely designed, and the staff is extremely helpful. If you're looking for a good night's sleep, make sure you reserve a room on a high floor and, if possible, facing the back or side. It can get quite loud on the sidewalks outside.

Other than that small issue, The Gladstone is a wonderful place to stay, full of character & charm.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 11, 2010

I am a photographer that has used the artist designed rooms for a couple of shoots, and yesterdays was in the Best Suite. Absolutely lives up to the name! Service as always was excellent. This time I got to spend the night and enjoy to enjoy breakfast there as well, and now, I love it even more! :)
If you are visiting Toronto, or need a night away, this is where you NEED to go!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 11, 2010

My wife and I get one weekend a year where we leave our kids with my in-laws and get away for a staycation right in our home town. For the first couple of years, we'd stay in the chain hotels but we'd always been curious about the grand old hotel called the Gladstone that we walked by many times a week. Then in 2006, we booked ourselves in for a weekend and we've been coming back at least once a year ever since.
While we've tried a couple of the artist-designed rooms, our favourite is "The Racine Room", a warmly decorated 4th floor retreat with lots of charm.
The hotel is at the hub of a bunch of nightspots, including right downstairs, it has a great restaurant or you can step out to sample the eclectic fare that Queen St. West has to offer.
If you like shopping, you jump on a streetcar and you're in the trendy Queen Street West shopping district in a few minutes, or you can stroll your way over, taking in the galleries and shops in between.
The staff are friendly and helpful, and the place has oodles of charm.

Downside:
- noise - it's noisy outside from the streetcars and late night hullabaloo. But if you don't like noise, don't vacation in a big city, I figure. The room comes with two sets of earplugs though, just in case

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2010

We were in Ontario to do a whirlwind trip --- 5 different beds/hotels within a week. After starting our trip at the Gladstone, I wished I did not have to leave. It was the only time I have stayed at a hotel where it felt like a home...only this home had art galleries, was in the perfect location for art/design/shopping/seeing friends/eating and had the most helpful and friendly staff. We will definatly be returning on our annual visit to Ontario.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple