Gladstone Hotel
$250
$221
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewstower suitemelody barartist designed roomswest queen westart exhibitsantique elevatorunique hoteloperated elevatorqueen streetcool hotelfourth floorstreet noiserooms are smallmain floora great place to staylight sleeperthe entire hotel
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed in the felt room and then the bilio room, and the bilo was by far our favourite. It's so much nicer than the photos!! With its red walls, velvet bedspread and curtains, and stacked books, it was the perfect hideaway in west queen west for a couple of academics. The food and art is amazing too (try the panelle sandwich - it's unbelievable), and the staff were so helpful and kind. We honestly couldn't have had a better time. Can't recommend it enough!

Room Tip: The Bilio was great! The Canadiana looked nice too (we saw it while touring the building).
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My friends and I enjoyed the Gladstone. The hotel was in a good area. A distance from downtonw but cabs were not expensive. Rooms were clean. Staff was very helpful. They did have vegan options. Their chef is excellent. The art was an added plus. Angelina had arranged a great stay. Unfortunately I did not get to meet her.

Room Tip: Speak to Angelina. She will advise.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

This review leans to a four star review because of it's cleanliness. The reason I am giving 3 is that it doesn't live up to his self proclaimed art hotel status.

I stayed here in August in one of the standard rooms (the chinese room 417).

The room was clean and comfy, but i wouldn't say it was particularily arty. Just a standard room. With a bit of wear and tear.

The common areas were not particularily stylish either. Reception staff was very cheerful and friendly, but not neccessarily knowledgeable.

I liked the location of the hotel. It's in the very trendy queen street west area, far enough away from the tourists areas to feel authentic, but the centre was easily reached by a 10 min tram ride.

There was very loud music on the weekends, so if you like peace and quiet don't stay here on weekends. I could hear it on the 4th floor at around 3 pm. Yhe floorboards were shaking from the bass.

Free wifi and complementary coffee outside the room in the mornings. No bathropes.

I think I paid approx £120 ($180) per night and for this price I would have preferred to have stayed at the drake next door (it was much more stylish) or I would have liked to stay at the thompson for it's rooftop pool and bar.

This isn't a fashionable hotel. Stay here if you are under 30, an art student or if style isn't one of your priorities.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 15, 2012

This hotel was very nice, with quirky rooms, each with a different style of decoration. I stayed in the red room and found it to be lovely, and very clean and tidy. The hotel staff were nice and the bar had good cappuccino. I would recommend it to anyone looking for something different.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Blueredgum
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We chose this hotel because we were intrigued by its concept - artist-designed, atmospheric rooms. Our room, The Urban Traveller, was clean, comfortable, visually interesting. Although not large, the space was used efficiently. All the staff members with whom we had contact were pleasant, helpful, clearly concerned with the quality of our stay. The public spaces are also attractive and contain a wealth of visual stimulation; coffee and tea are provided in the morning. There are many intriguing shops and restaurants within walking distance; downtown is in easy reach via streetcar. If you are a traveller who needs two queen size beds, wall-to-wall carpet, a full business center, you should probably look elsewhere. But if you, as did we, crave a unique, not mass-produced experience, without sacrificing comfort and service, this is an excellent choice.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple