“8 Stays in 2 Years: Still Toronto’s Best!”

Clinton and Bloor B&B
Ranked #2 of 115 Toronto B&B and Inns
Des Moines, Iowa
“8 Stays in 2 Years: Still Toronto’s Best!”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I could go on and on for days about all of the many reasons Mr. Tan’s exquisite B&B remains the absolute best lodging option in the entire Greater Toronto Area, but one can read through all of the nearly 400 positive reviews here or simply link to my previous reviews for the scoop on all of those details. The purpose of this particular review is to simply convey to fellow travelers how important it is to consider repeat business and referrals when evaluating your lodging choices. My family has stayed with Mr. Tan 8 separate times in 3 of his 4 rooms over the last 2 years. My personal standards are very high (off the carts actually), and Suite Dreams has always delivered time and time again, which is why I have never considered another lodging after having discovered this wonderful B&B. I referred other family members to Suite Dreams when they were visiting Toronto, and they were as impressed with their stay as I have always been with all 8 of mine. One simply cannot do any better than Suite Dreams B&B. Mr. Tan is the most accommodating and gracious host you’ll ever meet. It’s abundantly clear he is concerned about providing exceptional service in everything he does for his guests, and it shows. Mr. Tan is a true gentleman, and we are very honored to be able to consider him a good friend. Suite Dreams is ranked number 1 for good reason, and I’ll guarantee that you’ll agree with the ranking following your stay. In fact, you’ll more than likely recall later how everything about Suite Dreams made your visit to Toronto truly exceptional. Although the personal business that brought us to visit Toronto many times is nearing its end for a while, we have grown to love the city and will return soon. When we do, I will spend zero time looking for lodging and will simply contact my friend, Mr. Tan!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Hebrew first
London
Reviewed March 23, 2013

My husband and I arrived on Christmas Day and stayed for one night. My husband's family live a nearby so it was a perfect location for us, just up from Bloor and close to Christie subway station. Albert, our host, was very hospitable and the accommodation felt relaxed and calm with everything scrupulously clean and well set up. We especially appreciated the free wi-fi. We will stay again when we are next in Toronto.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Waterford VA
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Great location near the subway. The owner makes wonderful breakfasts and has good suggestions on what to see in the city. Most of the guests are there because of its proximity to the University. We really enjoyed chatting to the other guests at breakfast. I would definitely stay there again. Mr. Tan, the owner, is really thoughtful and the perfect host! I miss him already.

Room Tip: Sunset Room was very nice.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Toronto
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Albert Tan is a wonderful host, and this location is very convenient to the subway, and downtown Toronto. Our room was on the second floor, overlooking the garden. The rooms are all very clean and the bed was quite comfortable.

Many thanks for an enjoyable visit.

Room Tip: Three rooms have ensuite bathrooms. The top (third) floor room is spectacular.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Doug H
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I had the opportunity to plan a proposal/engagement party for a client at Suite Dreams and i must say Albert was very professional and so accommodating. He was willing to work with us to ensure the client's day was successful. Albert takes pride in the way he operates his B&B and we were nothing but pleased to work with him. On the day of the event, he offered us a table cloth that blended so well with the decor to help enhance the experience. He was constantly cleaning the already spectacular clean venue. I would definitely recommend this B&B for a service that is top-notch.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I had a surprise engagement party for my girlfriend and friends at the Suite Dreams Toronto B&B. Albert Tan (the owner) was an amazing host and catered for all the various requests we had inorder to make the event a success. First and foremost, Suite Dreams was the ideal venue with a grand piano in the living room. I was looking for a venue with a piano that I could use to serenade my fiance. Albert also accommodated us using his kitchen and dining area to have all the food that was catered in and he also provided the stereo for us to use for the music. In addition, Albert reserved all the rooms so that we would be the only guests there for the day.

After the engagement party we stayed in the Cathedral suite which was absolutely wonderful. The suite was large, had a hot tub, bar fridge and an outdoor patio area. We were able to get one of the best night's sleep outside of our own beds. Everything was so comfortable.

In the morning, we were treated to fresh orange juice, tea/coffee, yogurt and fruits. For breakfast we had several tasty options from which to choose. During breakfast, we had a good chat with Albert regarding various topics. He is such a friendly host and a terrific person. Prior to leaving he recommended a superb Korean restaurant for dinner which we tried that same day.

I frequently have friends visit me in Toronto and after my stay at Suite Dreams, I will always recommend this place to all my friends going forward.

Room Tip: All the rooms are amazing
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed here in the summer of 2012, it is a nice place, on the smaller side as far as number of rooms, and without any off street parking although there is a pay lot close by. The previous references to cleanliness are true, this place is very clean and the rooms are confortable. The owner is a little qwerky but very nice and very helpful. Downsides though are it does lack some character, was a little ways from freeways and downtown, and breakfast was only ok. I'd stay here again if something closer to downtown wasn't available.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business