“Wonderful... great host, good location, great room”

Clinton and Bloor B&B
Ranked #2 of 115 Toronto B&B and Inns
Delft, The Netherlands
“Wonderful... great host, good location, great room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stayed here for 5 days at the end of July.
The location of the house is great! Close to downtown and so many restaurants in walking distance. Parking space is no issue.

Mr. Tan is simply the most warm, welcoming, caring host I have ever met anywhere. He will leave you alone if you wish, and is also right there to help w/ anything you need (and I really mean anything!)

The room we had, I forget the name, was at the back of the house. It was so spacious and had a great bed. Tons of cupboard space and a nice bathroom. The whole house is immaculately clean.

We would love to go back next time we're in the city! Thanks for everything, Mr. Tan!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Hebrew first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

I went to Toronto for apartment hunting, and stayed at Suite Dreams for 5 nights. I came because I wanted to have a host who is knowledgable about Toronto and can give me some honest opinion about renting. It turned out Mr. Tan is not only knowledgable about renting, he is also knowledgable about transportation, food, healthcare, buying condo etc etc etc. I think you can throw any question at him and he will give you a very thoughtful, practical and helpful answer. He also went out of his way to help me when I was having a bad experience with my real estate agent (happens often sometimes when you are new to a city), which I totally did not expect. And before I arrive, I already received a long email with lots of renting sources to look into. What can I ask for more?

The house is very clean, spacious, and I got an upgrade upon arrival without asking. Breakfast is delicious. The grand piano is a great attraction. I can't think of any better way for my house hunting trip to happen in Toronto. Stay there and enjoy, and take advantage of the cash 5% discount - proved to be significant since tax is high in Canada!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Iquique, Chile
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed for a couple of nights, travelled around other provinces and decided to come back here for our last few days in Canada.
Albert offers a delicious breakfast, excellent wifi connection even in the top bedroom and a comfortable place to rest after walking everywhere in Toronto. Yo can get everywhere by foot, but the subway (Christie station) is less than a minute away.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Sarasota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

My son and I were made very welcome. The location is great and very safe. Breakfast was good.
Albert is a great, very friendly host and I would recommend this B and B to anyone looking for great value, good location and very comfortable rooms.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

My wife and I have nothing but good things to say about this facility: very good location, very clean, very hospitable service, very good breakfast, and very good facilities. As the walls and doors are older designs, they are not very sound-proof, but guests staying in this B&B are a more mature crowd and you won't have to worry about late night party goers or rowdy crowds. The TV inside the guest rooms may be small, but if you are planning on staying indoors for most of the day rather than enjoy the sites of Toronto, then you may not be taking full advantage of your trip. If you are confined indoors due to weather or other conditions, nothing that your laptop or tabloid can't fix with the facility's wi-fi internet service. I would definitely recommend this location for visitors to the city who plan on touring the city via TTC and surrounded by fine Korean restaurants.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

If you are looking for a great place to stay with a great breakfast, Suite Dreams is the right place for you. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Mr. Tan was a terrific host and gave us a warm welcome when we arrived. He gave us great tips on how to get around the city and a list of restaurants to visit. For breakfast, Mr. Tan serves fresh fruit, yogurt, coffee/tea, and a choice of scrambled eggs, cheese omelette, french toast or grilled cheese. We had the scrambled eggs and omelette - it was so delicious! It's not an extensive menu, but every item he prepares is excellent.

The B&B is located in koreatown near many good restaurants. There is also a subway station two blocks away that makes it convenient to get to downtown to visit the sites. Suite Dreams is highly recommended and we would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Helsingborg, Skåne Län, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

I had a lovely stay at Suite Dreams, Mr. Alber Tan is a perfect and gracious host. The B&B was very pleasant, very clean and proper. The bed was very god and washroom was excellent.
Mr. Tan came with good suggestions and helpful tips. The breakfast was also very good and fresh. I have only the best to say about Suite Dreams, Mr. Tan and Toronto.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo