“Toronto and Suite Dreams are A+”

A Suite Dreams Toronto B&B
Ranked #2 of 115 Toronto B&B and Inns
Portland, Oregon
“Toronto and Suite Dreams are A+”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Staying at Suite Dreams helped make our three days in Toronto very fun. Albert sent a comprehensive email including details and directions. He expressed a warm welcome and a desire to help make our stay pleasant. We had tickets to the Barbra Streisand concert sent to the B & B and Albert made the arrangements to receive the tickets. The location is great. One block to the subway and one block to the activity and attractions on Bloor Street. Make sure to check out Kensington Market which is also an easy walk as is Little Italy. We stayed in the Cathedral Suite, spacious and very comfortable. Lastly, we took public transportation to the airport for the price of a subway ticket, about $2 and 45 minutes. Albert is very knowledgeable and is able to provide experienced advice to travelers new to Toronto. We would stay there again and we highly recommend Suite Dreams.
Paul and Madeline Gefroh

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Hebrew first
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Innkeeper Albert Tan is a gentleman, solicitous, friendly and full of helpful advice on where to eat, and how to get around. His B & B is spotless, the beds comfortable, his breakfasts tasty, and the location ideal -- close to ethnic neighborhoods and U of T, right on the Bloor Street line.

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Mr. Tan was probably one of the kindest persons I have ever encountered. I had booked accomodation and for medical reasons had to cancel. Mr. Tan was understanding and supportive. I must say that I am so disappointed that I didn't have the opportunity to meet him in person and stay at Suites of Dreams. I will definitely rebook in the future and know that the experience will be remarkable.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Mr Tan was a very good host. Good location for subway station. Fruit for breakfast was fantastic though rest a bit limited. Clean and spacious room but TV very small by modern day standards. Would stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed there for 3 days, from October 15 to 17. It was so nice. I had the sunset room: quiet, big and so clean. I walk-in closet for my clothes, wow!

The host, Mr Tan, is so charming. Helpful, attentive, warm and he makes the best grilled cheese in the morning. I will have to go back just for that!!! Ask me about what kind of coffee I like, offered a bowl of fruits with yogourt, orange juice, coffee and tea. Can't ask for better.

Very helpfull as to where to go eat and how to get around in the city. Near the tramway and the subway.

I shall be back for more grilled cheese on my next stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hubertus, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Our stay at Suite Dreams was wonderful due to so many things. We received a warm and friendly welcome from Albert Tan and, as we became acquainted, Albert offered us tea and coffee. The room was bright and exceptionally clean, as was the entire B & B. We enjoyed the windows overlooking the charming Clinton Street. The location was perfect. There were plenty of restaurants in the area and it was easy to get anywhere in the city. The breakfasts were delicious, starting with fresh orange juice, fresh fruit with yogurt (topped with homemade granola if you wished). There were several excellent choices for the main dish. We tried both the scrambled eggs and mixed bean porridge. We liked the porridge so much, we requested the recipe! Albert was a gracious host and we hope to visit him again at Suite Dreams.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
London, Canada
Reviewed October 15, 2012

The owner, Mr. Tan, was very kind and helpful. The B & B was clean, comfortable, and quiet. It was located in Korea Town, close to a stop on the subway line, and close to many different restaurants and pubs.
Having lived in Korea, I loved the area because it felt like home.

Breakfast was a lovely bowl of fresh fruit and yoghurt, and a choice of hot dishes. If I recall correctly, the options included: scrambled eggs, a cheese omelet, porridge, bean porridge and French toast. My husband's omelet was cooked perfectly; my omelet was so underdone to be inedible.

The cost was way too high for the amenities. We shared a washroom (with the owner), had a basement room, and still paid $180 per night.
I might consider returning to this B&B simply because of the location and the kindness of the owner, but I would be concerned about an extended stay because of the cost.